Video Of The Week - Maru, The New Internet Sensation

By Meera Dolasia on December 6, 2010

Word Search

To say that Maru, a pudgy male Scottish Fold who resides in Japan, is a media sensation, is an understatement - She has been on numerous television shows, published two books, has her own blog and Facebook page and, her videos on YouTube has attracted over 46 million views!

Why so much interest in a cat?  Well for one, she is cute as a button and, as mischievous as a feline can be - But the main reason she is so popular is her penchant for boxes. According to Maru's owner, the three-year old cannot resist a box - Whenever she sees one, she has to try fit inside it, no matter how small. Since her fans love watching her antics, it makes for a win-win situation for both.

Sources:loevmeow.com, sfist.com

• nunyabeezwaxFriday, March 13, 2015 at 10:32 am
    Maru is so adorable and cute!!!!
    • bluetooth
      bluetoothMonday, January 26, 2015 at 10:47 am
      So adorable!
      • crystalmori
        crystalmoriMonday, January 26, 2015 at 6:54 am
        Yappa, kawaii sugimasu yo. (Yup, way too cute.)
        • crystalmori
          crystalmoriMonday, January 26, 2015 at 6:50 am
          Too cute! I love cats. Actually, Maru-chan looks kind of like she could be my cats' sibling. That's impossible, though. Well, and I guess they're not technically my cats anymore.
          • crystalmori
            crystalmoriMonday, January 26, 2015 at 6:51 am
            Yep, she totally looks like a mixture of Sean and Lily. With Lily's mannerisms, too.
            • crystalmori
              crystalmoriMonday, January 26, 2015 at 6:52 am
              Or similar. I guess it's not really fair to compare them.
          • animefan3
            animefan3Monday, January 26, 2015 at 4:51 am
            I am getting a cat tomorrow
            • animefan3
              animefan3Monday, January 26, 2015 at 4:50 am
              Awww what a cute cat
              • nikukyu
                nikukyuSunday, January 25, 2015 at 2:40 am
                Maru!!! You have no idea how in LOVE I am with youuuuuuuuuuπŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–γΎγ‚‹γ‘γ‚ƒγ‚“ε€§ε₯½γοΌε―ζ„›γ™γŽγ¦γ¨γ‚γ‘γ‘γ‚ƒγ†β€ΌοΈ ε€©γ‹γ‚‰θˆžγ„ι™γ‚Šγ¦γγŸγ‚“γ γ‚ˆγ€γγ£γ¨οΌ
                • crystalmori
                  crystalmoriMonday, January 26, 2015 at 6:42 am
                  XD I can agree. At least with the part in English. I can't read very many kanji yet. :(
                • mecha-doomsday
                  mecha-doomsdayWednesday, January 21, 2015 at 10:50 am
                  funny,cute,everything!
                  • crazypenguin213
                    crazypenguin213Wednesday, January 14, 2015 at 5:26 pm
                    lol
                    • nick483
                      nick483Sunday, December 28, 2014 at 2:27 pm
                      maru is actually funny and cute

Vocabulary