Video Of The Week - Maru, The New Internet Sensation

By Meera Dolasia on December 6, 2010

Word Search

To say that Maru, a pudgy male Scottish Fold who resides in Japan, is a media sensation, is an understatement - She has been on numerous television shows, published two books, has her own blog and Facebook page and, her videos on YouTube has attracted over 46 million views!

Why so much interest in a cat?  Well for one, she is cute as a button and, as mischievous as a feline can be - But the main reason she is so popular is her penchant for boxes. According to Maru's owner, the three-year old cannot resist a box - Whenever she sees one, she has to try fit inside it, no matter how small. Since her fans love watching her antics, it makes for a win-win situation for both.

Sources:loevmeow.com, sfist.com

• genevieveg
    genevievegMonday, December 1, 2014 at 11:48 am
    so funny *giggles inside*
    • happypug12
      happypug12Sunday, November 23, 2014 at 7:14 am
      Maru is silly. : )
      • MelaneyMonday, November 17, 2014 at 1:12 pm
        ha ha ha so funny
        • Funmam57Wednesday, November 5, 2014 at 11:18 am
          So cute
          • nikukyu
            nikukyuMonday, September 29, 2014 at 3:35 am
            Maru is sooo cute!!! Adorkable!! I'm Japanese, and I knew Maru even before reading this article, but i will never get tired of that funny cat!
            • happypug12
              happypug12Thursday, October 2, 2014 at 11:41 am
              Yeah, nikukyu, Maru is hilarious!
            • pouncelover
              pounceloverFriday, September 26, 2014 at 8:49 am
              still funny
              • pouncelover
                pounceloverThursday, September 25, 2014 at 2:44 pm
                funny
                • Nyankichi girl Thursday, September 25, 2014 at 4:56 am
                  Awwww..... He is sooooo cute! I'm japanese, and I knew about Maru, but I can't get tired of the cat! Love you!!!,
                  • bobboWednesday, August 20, 2014 at 1:02 pm