Japan's Latest Fashion Craze - LED Teeth

By Meera Dolasia on January 30, 2011

Word Search

You have probably heard the expression - He/she lights up the room with his/her dazzling smile. Now you can outshine any pearly whites with this latest Japanese fashion craze - LED teeth!

First constructed as an experiment by two technology geeks, the LED insert which can be fitted onto the teeth just like a mouth guard, have caught on as the latest must-have accessory, especially amongst the stylish Japanese teens. It has become so popular, that it was recently featured in an advertisement for one of Japan's most prominent department stores.

To light up their teeth, the wearer simply has to smile - What's even cooler is that they can change the color of their shine from green to red or even make it twinkle, with the help of a wireless hand-held control switch.

Moto Ishibashi, one of the geniuses behind the product, says that they came up with the idea after watching a video of LED throwies - little lights that are attached to a magnet and then thrown onto metal surfaces. Besides selling them like hotcakes, he and his partner in crime, Daito Manabe, are now offering workshops to teach Japanese teens how to build their own LED dentures!

Do you think these teeth make a cool accessory? Would you be caught strutting around with one in your mouth? Be sure to let us know, by adding your comments below.

Resources:manufacturingdigital.com, metro.co.uk

• swi123
    swi123Friday, December 12, 2014 at 9:21 am
    lol
    • redskins
      redskinsFriday, November 14, 2014 at 7:00 am
      LOL
      • nikukyu
        nikukyuSaturday, November 8, 2014 at 10:03 pm
        I am Japanese!!! Yay!!!
        • charlottem3149
          charlottem3149Friday, October 31, 2014 at 10:10 am
          Do you think they have one in pink? :D
          • jjcutie
            jjcutieThursday, October 30, 2014 at 9:32 am
            i want one! in red
            • SheetaWednesday, October 29, 2014 at 10:52 am
              I wouldn't get one of these because I am not really interested, but That is cool that they made this.
              • SheetaWednesday, October 29, 2014 at 10:51 am
                Hahaha. It's like fireworks in your mouth. I
                • happypug12
                  happypug12Saturday, October 11, 2014 at 5:32 am
                  I would wear those. Can they turn purple?
                  • nikukyu
                    nikukyuSaturday, October 11, 2014 at 3:56 am
                    Great for Halloween lol! I'm japanese, so maybe I can get one!
                    • iphone5sFriday, October 10, 2014 at 8:18 am
                      omg were did you get dose teeth

Vocabulary