Finally, A Skateboard With Style and Oomph!

By Meera Dolasia on March 13, 2011

Word Search

Skateboards are fun - but a lot of hard work, not only in terms of the effort, but also, finding the right terrain that will make for a smooth, flawless ride. While there have been some attempts at creating electric skateboards, the bulky batteries have made them quite cumbersome and not very fun to use. Now, an Australian company called Future Is In The Knowledge (Fiik) has come up with a design that is not only functional, but also, cool and, with the power to give you an exciting ride through any terrain.

The culmination of ten years of hard work, the Fiik line of skateboards is the brainchild of two brothers from Queensland's Sunshine coast. They feature a magnetic motor, a digital wireless throttle control system and, an ABS braking system.

The most popular Fiik model is the red-striped 'Street Surfer'. While it may sport a retro look, there is nothing old-fashioned about this sleek board. Powered with the ability to zip at speeds of 23mph for about 1.5 hours, it can be used even on grassy sidewalks and firm sand beaches, thanks to the off-road pneumatic tires. Even better, is the option to replace them with heavy-duty tires that can be used to tackle muddy road terrains - Dirt Skateboarding anyone?

The board comes with a wireless handgun like remote that has 3 speed settings, so that novice skateboarders can learn before they go full blast. All the boards also feature an ABS braking system allowing the rider to slow down gradually.

Of course, a board that is almost like a mini-vehicle does not come cheap and can set you back, as much as, $1,600 USD but, given how cool it can make you look in front of your friends, definitely worth it - Don't you agree?

Resources:gizmag.com

• bibliophile
    bibliophileThursday, October 9, 2014 at 9:02 pm
    I can kind of ride on a penny board(a mini lesson from one of my friends), but other then that I never actually had a chance to ride on a skateboard.
    • Funny boy 3000Friday, May 23, 2014 at 6:44 am
      Awesome I need one of those
      • KKWednesday, March 13, 2013 at 2:37 pm
        this is awesome
        • rampage
          rampageTuesday, February 12, 2013 at 6:41 am
          This is for percyworld :O lol Cool Skateboard.
          • taylorThursday, November 29, 2012 at 12:59 pm
            I like it I thank i need one
            • brayden701
              brayden701Friday, May 11, 2012 at 7:44 pm
              awesome i would hell do it
              • @percyworlFriday, May 11, 2012 at 6:47 pm
                oomph :D
                • percyworld
                  percyworldThursday, March 1, 2012 at 3:56 pm
                  everyone! oomph with me! oomph! :o
                  • ColeThursday, March 1, 2012 at 7:09 am
                    This is very good engineering from the bike movement by itself. It's also very surprising that it can go 23mph for 1.5 hours. I'm a biker but I will recommend this to my cousin which is a skater! In all this is amazing!!!
                    • holdenWednesday, February 22, 2012 at 10:34 am
                      i love skatboards but that much money just so you dont have to push seems like to much to me.

Vocabulary