Cooking With Miranda - Orange Granita

By Miranda Church on July 4, 2011

If the recent heat wave has left you craving for something cool and refreshing, I have the perfect solution for you - A tangy, juicy and invigorating Orange Granita! And, like all my other recipes, it is nutritious, delicious and can be whipped up in no time at all!

Orange Granita

Ingredients

3/4 cup Sugar
1 Tablespoon Grated Orange Zest
2 ½ Cups of Freshly Squeezed Orange Juice - (Mandarins or Tangerines will also work)

Putting It All Together

Make simple syrup by combining the sugar, water, and orange zest in a small saucepan. Heat on medium until the sugar dissolves, about 5 minutes. Then, simmer for one minute.

Cool the syrup at room temperature for 10 mins, and then add the fresh squeezed orange juice. Strain the mixture through a fine sieve into a 9” x 13” Pyrex baking pan and place it on the bottom freezer drawer.

Every 20-30 minutes, gently stir the ice up with a fork, to prevent it from turning into a big ice cube.

The delectable dessert should be ready after about 2 hours. Scoop some up in a bowl and eat on its own or top with whipped cream or sweetened condensed milk for a special treat - Yum! Any leftovers (highly unlikely)  will keep well in the freezer for 2-3 weeks, as long as the Granita is covered tightly with plastic wrap.

HAVE A HAPPY AND SAFE JULY 4th!

Resources: Miranda Church, Lisa Church, Dean Church

• caitlinTuesday, August 26, 2014 at 5:22 am
    soooooooooooooo cool and it looks nice
    • meepsy
      meepsySaturday, May 24, 2014 at 5:49 pm
      OMG! I still have some of it in my freezer! To die for! Incredible! I made it after trying her jam which I gave my mom for mother's day. I loved that, so I tried something different. Totally worth it!
      • thythy
        thythyMonday, May 19, 2014 at 8:28 am
        She makes me hungry right now!
        • mcalia
          mcaliaMonday, March 31, 2014 at 1:13 pm
          Sounds good!
          • Bink girlThursday, March 27, 2014 at 7:41 pm
            yum!
            • headream100
              headream100Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 8:00 pm
              I love all the recipes from cooking with miranda!!!
              • tinybear03
                tinybear03Friday, February 7, 2014 at 11:02 am
                When ever i can cook i would cook something awesome!! :)
                • headream100
                  headream100Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 8:00 pm
                  Me too. People say I'm an expert but I seriously don't know.....
                • otter