World's Biggest Chocolate Bar Conveys An Even Bigger Message

By Meera Dolasia on September 16, 2011

Word Search

Chicago-based World's Finest Chocolate, is now also the proud creator of the World's largest chocolate bar! Measuring almost 3ft. high and 21ft. long, the cocoa concoction weighs a whopping 12,000 lbs. To put it in perspective, that's the same weight as 120,000 Hershey's chocolate bars or, 24,500 Big Macs!

Far surpassing the previous record set last year by an Armenian company with a bar that weighed 9,722 pounds, the cocoa treat contains 1,200 lbs of almonds, 5,500 lbs of sugar, 2,000 lbs of milk powder, 1,700 lbs of cocoa butter and 1,400 lbs of chocolate liquor!

What's more astonishing than the size of the candy bar, is the company's reason for creating it. It was not to showcase their candy, get into the record books or, sell it to the highest bidder but - And here's the  real doozy - To teach kids about portion control!

Their new campaign entitled 'Think big, eat smart' aims to teach young children about moderation and how to have a healthy relationship with food. So where does the giant candy bar fit in? According to company officials, it was created largely, to grab the attention of young kids and make the message memorable.

The company is currently lugging the giant bar to schools in seven mid-west cities to try spread their message about eating everything in moderation - Which means that this candy bar can be shared by 209,350 people, if they all ate the recommended 'moderated' portion of one ounce each.

Resources: npr.org, sun.co.uk

• sweetcookie0pie
    sweetcookie0pieSunday, January 25, 2015 at 5:31 am
    I want that chocolate
    • JustinFriday, January 23, 2015 at 7:48 am
      I want that chocolate.If I was in the same room as that chocolate if it wasn't at school I would start eating it and you would have a hard time getting me off if you were telling me to get off instead of just pulling me off.I always want chocolate 24/7,(24 hours a day 7 days a week)!
      • AnonymousWednesday, January 21, 2015 at 8:15 am
        The thing that shocks most people is that I don't chocolate! If it's not anything else, I won't eat it. Plus, I went to a chocolate factory in South Bend, Indiana. My sister, Carley, loved it!!!!
        • lollipopThursday, January 15, 2015 at 9:28 am
          YUM
          • knWednesday, January 14, 2015 at 10:32 am
            so good it looks so good !! !!
            • supMonday, January 12, 2015 at 7:36 am
              omg that is big
              • Cool KidSunday, January 11, 2015 at 12:56 pm
                OMG who made this thing its huge?!?!!?!?
                • pokeguy
                  pokeguyThursday, January 8, 2015 at 9:53 am
                  looks so good
                  • Espio shinobiTuesday, December 30, 2014 at 3:10 pm
                    If I was in the same room as that chocolate bar, I'd probably run up to it and start eating...... "/
                    • analise
                      analiseTuesday, December 30, 2014 at 9:17 am
                      I think this shows anything is possible. They should give it to the poorer countries.

Vocabulary

concoctiondoozyluggingmoderationperspectivesurpassing

Latest Comments

archeraddy
                      archeraddy wrote:

thats so funny hahaha!!! @p11sam
                      Dallas Zoo Gorilla Gets Booted F...

iloveallah
                      iloveallah wrote:

that's creepy
                      An Edible Mona Lisa?

megannz
                      megannz wrote:

exactly it's unfair to cheat eve...
                      The Mystery Surrounding New Engl...