This Summer, Chill Inside Field Candy's Funky Tents

By Kavi Dolasia on April 2, 2012

Word Search

Have you ever wondered why tents are always drab looking? In the past, it was probably because they would camouflage well in the wilderness. But nowadays, most of us camp in heavily populated camping grounds where the dangers of attracting wild animals are slim to none - So why not jazz up this home away from home? Now, thanks to Field Candy, you can.

The Jersey, UK based company who came up with this idea about two years ago, began its quest by hiring a group of artists, designers, photographers, illustrators and graphic designers, to help them create unique designs that could be transferred onto ultra-light, waterproof fly sheets. The results as you can see, are some really funky tent designs guaranteed, to get the owner noticed.

Today, the company's website offers over 40 different designs for customers to choose from. Created by 18 designers, each is grouped into a distinct collection and named fun things like, Don't Be a Leopard, for a leopard print tent or Picnic Perfect for one that resembles a scrumptious sandwich. To preserve their uniqueness, only a limited number of each design is created.

Besides being flashy, the tents also offer some unique features. The occupant can pull down one side of the design and create a large porch-like place to store items without overcrowding the tent. It's also waterproof, has extra strong pegs, and spaciously fits two people. Additionally, unlike most normal tents that are made from plastic these, are made out of soft breathable cotton.

Something this unique of course does not come cheap. The tents which can only be bought through the company's website cost anywhere from $420 USD to over $1,000 USD. But, given how cool they look, they may be worth a splurge!

Resources: Fieldcandy.com, trendsupdates.com

• nikukyu
    nikukyuWednesday, November 26, 2014 at 3:12 am
    The book and sandwich one are AWESOME!! want one of those:) YUM
    • athena4747
      athena4747Saturday, November 1, 2014 at 2:58 pm
      I personally love the cheese, sandwich, and watermelon tents. Or maybe I'm just hungry...
      • analise
        analiseWednesday, November 26, 2014 at 8:44 am
        Me too! And I just had breakfast!
        • athena4747
          athena4747Saturday, November 1, 2014 at 2:58 pm
          Yeah. I am hungry.
        • Swaggerstand321Friday, October 24, 2014 at 7:26 am
          Nice
          • AyahuascaFriday, October 24, 2014 at 7:26 am
            Nice
            • happypug12
              happypug12Tuesday, October 14, 2014 at 5:18 am
              I would sleep in the tent that's shaped like a big hunk of cheese. My favorite cheese is cheddar, but I will eat any kind of cheese. What tent would you sleep in?
              • athena4747
                athena4747Saturday, November 1, 2014 at 2:56 pm
                I would totally sleep in the sandwich tent! I'm a fan of any combination of bread, cheeses, veggies, and meats. A tent that looks that my fave food? Count me in!!
              • bibliophile
                bibliophileMonday, October 13, 2014 at 9:00 pm
                So cool!
                • spinnypeeps
                  spinnypeepsSaturday, August 9, 2014 at 6:55 pm
                  woah
                  • userMonday, August 4, 2014 at 7:49 pm
                    it makes me hungry
                    • userMonday, August 4, 2014 at 7:49 pm
                      i like the sandwich one!
                      • KootsiRulesTuesday, July 29, 2014 at 12:13 am
                        I like the watermelon. The comic is crappy
                        • geneweasley18
                          geneweasley18Saturday, September 13, 2014 at 2:11 pm
                          HEY!!!!! I like the comic one. RUDE.
                          • athena4747
                            athena4747Saturday, November 1, 2014 at 2:56 pm
                            Yeah! I like the comic looking one!

Vocabulary