A Cafe For Dogs? You Have To Be Kidding!

By Kavi Dolasia on July 30, 2012

CCSS Word Search

With a special cable television network, hotels reserved just for them, surfing competitions and even beauty pageants, dogs are almost as pampered as humans. So why not a cafe inside which canines can just chill and hang out? Welcome to South Korea's, Dog Cafe!

Located in the city of Busan, the concept was adopted from the cat cafe phenomenon that has spread across Japan like wildfire. The goal is to get the people of this busy city who work long hours and live in apartments not big enough to accommodate dogs, a chance to bond with man's best friend.

As soon as patrons walk in, dogs of all breeds and sizes jump up and try hustle for their attention. While there are gates to separate the small dogs from the big ones, the boundaries are hardly ever kept and the dogs pretty much roam all around the cafe nuzzling and even jumping into the laps of the people who gives them attention.

However, a price has to be paid for this affection. Every customer who enters is charged 8,000 won ($7.20 USD). But it is totally worth it, since the price includes an unlimited supply of coffee or smoothies, a scrumptious buffet of donuts and cake and most importantly, the opportunity to hang with the dogs as long as they like. The best part is, that all the dogs are rescued or strays which means that without the cafe, they would be homeless - A true win-win for everyone!

Resources: odditycentral.com,koreabridge.net

• bibliophile
    bibliophileSaturday, December 6, 2014 at 8:04 pm
    I want to go there!!!
    • swimmer_girl02
      swimmer_girl02Sunday, November 23, 2014 at 12:23 pm
      I went to a cat cafe and adopted one of the cats there!
      • happypug12
        happypug12Sunday, November 23, 2014 at 3:41 pm
        What did u name the cat, swimmer_girl02?
      • swimmer_girl02
        swimmer_girl02Sunday, November 23, 2014 at 12:22 pm
        Imagine eating a hot dog with a hot dog
        • bibliophile
          bibliophileSaturday, December 6, 2014 at 8:04 pm
          lol... :D
          • frankiebaby
            frankiebabyMonday, November 24, 2014 at 4:08 pm
            wow
          • nikukyu
            nikukyuSunday, November 16, 2014 at 12:54 am
            I've went to a cat cafe b4! The cats were all sooooo cute! CATS RULE!!! Oh, but my allergies started up... I couldn't stop sneezing! It's so sad to be allergic to a animal that I love( waaaaaaa! ) but the good news is that it's not bad if you look at it on a scale of 1 to 10!!! Sorry I just realized that I was writing 'bout cats not dogs
            • happypug12
              happypug12Sunday, November 23, 2014 at 3:42 pm
              Oh my gosh, I didn't know that u were allergic to cats! I am so sorry! I know how much you love them. : (
              • nikukyu
                nikukyuMonday, November 24, 2014 at 1:51 am
                It's ok, I just ignore it!
                • happypug12
                  happypug12Monday, November 24, 2014 at 4:09 pm
                  That's great, nikukyu! I'm glad that u still like cats, even with your allergies. Keep it up!
                  • nikukyu
                    nikukyuMonday, November 24, 2014 at 11:47 pm
                    Thanks happypug! By the way, nikukyu means animal paw in Japanese!
                    • happypug12
                      happypug12Tuesday, November 25, 2014 at 8:27 am
                      It does? Cool, nikukyu!
              • analise
                analiseSunday, November 23, 2014 at 12:27 pm
                Me too!
                • swimmer_girl02
                  swimmer_girl02Sunday, November 23, 2014 at 12:22 pm
                  IK! Ive been to one too! #petlover
                • eap7895
                  eap7895Saturday, November 15, 2014 at 5:20 pm
                  That is awesome that they took in stray dogs and made them special! I would want to take my dogs there! :-)
                  • nikukyu
                    nikukyuSunday, November 16, 2014 at 12:55 am
                    Yeah that's really nice!
                  • tiger100
                    tiger100Saturday, November 15, 2014 at 11:48 am
                    iwant to take my dog there I bet he would love it!
                    • dogslovarWednesday, October 29, 2014 at 9:02 am
                      this is so cute!my dog is a beagle
                      • bearbear
                        bearbearThursday, September 25, 2014 at 7:35 am
                        i want dog
                        • awesome79086
                          awesome79086Wednesday, September 24, 2014 at 4:16 pm
                          i hope this is true cause i want to find the location and i am going to get. . . A PUPPY!!!!!!!FOR THE FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE:)
                          • nikukyu
                            nikukyuMonday, November 24, 2014 at 11:48 pm
                            You must be so happy! I'm happy 4 u!
                            • happypug12
                              happypug12Sunday, November 23, 2014 at 3:44 pm
                              Cool! Do u have a specific breed in mind, or are you just going to follow your heart?
                              • eap7895
                                eap7895Saturday, November 15, 2014 at 5:21 pm
                                I am glad for you!
                                • peacheslarue
                                  peacheslarueSaturday, November 15, 2014 at 11:49 am
                                  Good 4 u :) i wish had a dog ;(
                                • poopheadTuesday, September 9, 2014 at 5:35 am
                                  This is cool I won't to try it out one day

Vocabulary

accommodateaffectionboundarieshustlepamperedpatronsphenomenonscrumptiousstrays

Busan, South KoreaJapanSouth Korea

Latest Comments

spinnypeeps

That's amazing! It almost makes ...
                                  Video Of The Week - New Yorkers ...

kikibear
                                  kikibear wrote:

i love chocolate but if the worl...
                                  A World Without Chocolate? Oh My!

aphphilippines

There's another movie out.I saw ...
                                  The Amazing Tale Behind Winter's...

aphphilippines

Everyone has setbacks.I'm no dif...
                                  Bladerunner A.K.A. The Fastest M...