Video Of The Week - Are You Smarter Than A Chimp?

By Meera Dolasia on September 3, 2012

Humans believe that they are at the top of the food chain because they can outsmart any living being on this planet - While that may be true to some extent, animals, especially chimpanzees that share 99% of our DNA, are no dummies either.

In the video filmed by National Geographic, see how quickly and efficiently the chimp figures out how to get to a peanut that lies at the bottom of a fixed clear tube. But before you watch it, see if you can figure out the solution and prove to yourself and the world that you are . . . . . . Smarter than a chimp!

Resource: National

• spyderbyte
    spyderbyteTuesday, September 1, 2015 at 2:30 pm
    • joeThursday, August 13, 2015 at 1:04 am
      cool! never knew that
      • hey bae Tuesday, August 11, 2015 at 4:54 pm
        he is so so super duper smart
        • parthivFriday, August 7, 2015 at 10:15 pm
          • cool dude!Friday, August 7, 2015 at 10:13 pm
            did not know animals could do that!!
            • annabethc
              annabethcThursday, May 7, 2015 at 3:13 am
              Seaweed brain! No, smart brain!
              • tbl5832
                tbl5832Wednesday, March 18, 2015 at 7:32 am
                • girlz4life
                  girlz4lifeSaturday, March 14, 2015 at 7:27 pm
                  The video was so funny! I would never think of that! Well in this!
                  • cool GuySaturday, March 14, 2015 at 5:21 pm
                    • isaacm
                      isaacmFriday, February 27, 2015 at 2:14 pm
                      I'm in 3rd grade and learning about DNA and this perfectly ties into our unit of studies.
                      • girlz4life
                        girlz4lifeSaturday, March 14, 2015 at 7:30 pm
                        I'm in 5th grade now and I remember in 3rd grade we didn't learn anything about DNA. We just learned about other random stuff...
                        • nikukyu
                          nikukyuSaturday, March 14, 2015 at 5:42 pm
                          Oh my gosh I haven't learned about DNA let and I'm way past third grade! Wait, what did I learn in third grade science...? Heck, I don't remember!
                          • crystalmori
                            crystalmoriSaturday, March 14, 2015 at 11:53 pm
                            All I remember was that we had some tadpoles we raised in a special case in the classroom. Actually, I don't think I had science in third grade, because I remember wondering when they were actually going to start having science classes.
                          • bigmelo
                            bigmeloSaturday, March 14, 2015 at 4:35 pm
                            Good for you! I remember when I was your age, we learned about calculating the likeliness of dominant or recessive traits through Punnett squares. Are you learning that? :)
                            • isaacm