Merry Christmas! - Now let's fight!
Listen to Article
While most people, sit back and relax after a big Christmas meal, residents of Peru like to work it off with a friendly fist fight. The traditional festival known as Takanakuy or 'fighter' starts with dancing and a religious procession.
After that instead of exchanging gifts, people exchange fist fights. These bare-knuckled, free kicking fights are supervised by local government officials and are meant to allow participants to let our all their pent (built) up anger in a safe environment. The best part is, there is no age or gender limitation - Kids, men and women of all ages can join in the fun.
So if Santa forgot to bring you that unique toy on your list, go ahead - take a flight to Peru and go at it!
Have fun watching the video of this quirky and fun festival!
- coolabout 4 yearsi like it
- loonytoonsover 4 yearsnice
- Coolover 4 yearsSounds fun
- ALIEN!!!!over 4 yearsAND!!! My great great great great grandfather is from Peru, i met him only once when I was just born... i was born, then i saw him, then he died....
- wolfdogover 4 yearsHe'd be over 300 if that were such the case.
- ALIEN!!!!over 4 yearsOUCH!!! Why would they want to fight? That' so uncalled for!
- hargle barfover 4 yearsmy mom is from Peru
- ouch that hurtover 4 yearsthat would hurt to fight
- slytherinfanalmost 5 yearsYellow belts are the first belt
- slytherinfanalmost 5 yearsMy parents are from Peru.....
- mastervenessaabout 5 yearsImagine doing this! It would be good if you knew who you were fighting not random strangers!!! :) LOL