'Oasis Of The Seas' Gets Ready To Set Sail!

405 Words 3-Minute Listen

The world's largest cruise ship - 'The Oasis of the Seas', arrived in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, amidst much fanfare on Friday November 20th.

The 225,000 ton vessel, which can hold up to 6,000 passengers is now undergoing some last minute finishing touches, before its embarks on its inaugural cruise to Haiti on December 1st.

Spanning 16 decks, the ship which cost over $1.24 billion USD, is longer then four soccer fields placed together (1,180 ft), and is expected to be the epitome of luxury and amenities. True to its name, the ship provides an 'oasis' or retreat for every kind of passenger with its concept of neighborhoods.

For people who wish to relax in a park, there is an area modeled after New York's Central Park, running trail and all. For shopaholics, there is a huge shopping mall, featuring all the best designer shops. For those who just want to have some fun with the family, there is a boardwalk that features a hand-carved merry-go-round and carnival games.

And of course, there is Youth Zone, a special neighborhood for kids. Touted as the largest facility of its kind at sea, it features all sorts of entertainment, including an exclusive movie theater for kids!

Cruise goers will have the option to choose from over two-dozen restaurants, that will feature food ranging from hot dogs and donuts, to some of the world's finest cuisine.

For entertainment, the ship will feature a variety show with singers, jugglers and magicians, an acrobatic show and a 90-minute rendition of the Broadway musical 'Hairspray'. All the shows will be held daily at the ship's Opal Theater, built to accomodate 1,350 guests.

Other fun entertainment options include an ice skating show (yeah they have a skating rink too!) based on a variety of children's classics like 'The Ugly Duckling' and the 'Little Mermaid'. Also featured, will be a synchronized swimming show and a diving show performed by professional athletes.

The ship's 'sports deck' features a swimming pool, golf course, tennis courts and two rock-climbing walls. Pretty Cool!

The luxurious accommodations include 28 loft style cabins, each two stories high that come equipped with a baby Grand Piano, a library, a huge deck and best of all - a private Jacuzzi! To read more about this amazing ship and watch videos of how it was made, or to simply book your next vacation go to: www.oasisoftheseas.com.

sources:USAtoday, oasisoftheseas, articlesbase.com

• pinklilcow
    pinklilcowWednesday, December 9, 2020 at 8:57 am
    OMg the titanic
    • atropa223276
      atropa223276Tuesday, February 11, 2020 at 5:35 pm
      Wow, that's neat! I mean, it would probably cost a disturbing amount of money...
      • love lifeTuesday, February 2, 2016 at 3:50 pm
        cool thanks.
        • destiny Wednesday, September 23, 2015 at 7:21 am
          I think it sound fun an cool
          • finnTuesday, May 5, 2015 at 11:29 am
            that is a some
            • bigmelo
              bigmeloTuesday, February 3, 2015 at 12:21 pm
              Wow, this place is so cool! Did you know I've been secretly conversing with my family to smuggle myself aboard that ship? I know, right?
              • crystalmori
                crystalmoriTuesday, February 3, 2015 at 6:38 am
                That's insane! Insanely cool.... I wonder how much it costs? Probably a lot.
                • happypug12
                  happypug12Monday, February 2, 2015 at 4:20 pm
                  Ok, this is really random, but one time my friend said to me, "You always say 'yeah'." And I replied to her, "Yeah."
                  • bigmelo
                    bigmeloTuesday, February 3, 2015 at 12:27 pm
                    Really? That's hilarious! One time I was dreaming about a real-life situation - my colleagues keep telling me that I'm 'too perfect', & then I start making a speech explaining how 'imperfections make us who we are, & that being ourselves is perfect as it stands'. But by the time I've finished, I realize that everybody's gone! I hate it when that happens... Anyways, that's really funny. :)
                    • crystalmori
                      crystalmoriTuesday, February 3, 2015 at 4:10 pm
                      I would probably either stand there paralyzed by awesomeness or join in.
                    • crystalmori
                      crystalmoriTuesday, February 3, 2015 at 6:39 am
                      XD I actually had something like that happen in one of my stories.
                      • nikukyu
                        nikukyuTuesday, February 3, 2015 at 2:47 am
                        Lol! My friends say that I say "tyou" a lot. It mean something like "really"!
                      • happypug12
                        happypug12Friday, November 21, 2014 at 5:46 am
                        Awesome! Youth Zone sounds really fun!
                        • ToolThursday, October 2, 2014 at 9:58 am