Video Of The Week - World Laughter Day

72 Words 1-Minute Listen

World laughter day, which takes place on the first Sunday of May every year, was first celebrated in Mumbai, India in 1988. Started by Dr. Madan Kataria, the founder of the Laughter Yoga movement, the day was established to unite people of all nationalities, through laughter.

Today 'Laughter Yoga' and 'Laughter Day' have become extremely popular. It is estimated that there are currently over 6,000 laughter clubs worldwide, spread across all continents.

• imback
    imbackMonday, October 15, 2018 at 7:23 pm
    I never knew this was a holiday.
    • ZachMonday, September 24, 2018 at 6:49 am
      that is very interest
      • fdhjm lkjjukgtWednesday, April 22, 2015 at 7:59 am
        good
        • susie
          susieMonday, November 11, 2013 at 6:18 am
          cool!!
          • JazlynSaturday, April 20, 2013 at 1:12 pm
            this is telling EatyDay
            • cutie piMonday, May 7, 2012 at 5:56 pm
              lol! by the way my user name is cutie pi because pi the number is equivellent to 3.14159256... Who am i kidding? Happy world laughter day!!!
              • iverlillyMonday, May 7, 2012 at 5:24 pm
                i love to laugh!!! this is a perfect celebration for me!
                • selena101
                  selena101Monday, May 7, 2012 at 4:43 pm
                  I want to go there because people laugh and do funny stuff, but I want to laugh so I can tell them jokes. If they tell me something funny, then I will laugh too, but I am in a different state and I wish I could go there in real life. I wish I can go there real hard because there are a lot of people that are laughing.
                  • joel
                    Mr. MunozMonday, May 7, 2012 at 12:03 pm
                    Er- If I was there, I would go ha-ha-hahaha ho-ho-hohoho because it makes you laugh. I wish I could be those guys so I could make them laugh and they will go like, "Hahahaha! You're funny!" I wish I could be there to celebrate that day, but I'm in a different state. Fr- That holiday was funny because it makes a lot of people laugh, but I make them laugh, too. I wish I could make everybody laugh so they will keep laughing except me because they won't make me laugh every day. I wish Erik S. was there because I would make him laugh, too and he would make me laugh too.
                    • kacycutie2000