An Automatic Washing Machine - For Your Pooch!

182 Words 2-Minute Listen

Just when you think you have seen it all, someone comes up with yet another bizarre invention - This time it is an automatic washing machine, which supposedly cleans your pooch (or even your cat!) in just half an hour.

The Dog O'Matic, resembles an ordinary clothes washing machine that gently showers and shampoos the dog for five minutes and then gently dries it for the rest of the time. In case the pet panics, owners can pull it out immediately and complete the job in a normal bathtub.

The machine is the brainchild of French entrepreneur Romain Jarry, who says it has been so successful in his hometown, St. Max, France that he is planning to roll it out world-wide, starting with Britain next year.

While it may be safe and gentle on the dogs, we somehow don't think we would be able to take our pet (if we had one) to something that resembles a 'fluff & fold' Laundromat, and subject it to something like this. Would you? Be sure to let us know by adding your comments below!

sources:britannica.com,dvice.com

• octopus1234
    octopus1234Friday, May 8, 2020 at 10:18 am
    If I had a dog, I would want it to clean my pet!
    • octopus1234
      octopus1234Friday, May 8, 2020 at 10:17 am
      But this is from 2009! Wouldn't it have spread to here already?
      • lunagood35
        lunagood35Thursday, May 7, 2020 at 9:52 am
        I would never use that on my dog. It looks like puppy torture! Besides the water could get in the dogs eyes and ears
        • animereina2021
          animereina2021Tuesday, May 5, 2020 at 8:51 pm
          I wouldn't have done that for my dogos, because then they would freak. And also, does it actually clean the pet? How would I be sure that my dogos are well scrubbed with soap? The water can get in the poor pooches eyes, and might even scare the pet... SO MANY QUESTIONS THAT I HAVE FOR THIS ARTICLE. Idk about you, but doesn't it seem like torture? Poor dogos and munchkins (cats)...😢Creative thinking though...
          • bangarangwolf
            bangarangwolfTuesday, May 5, 2020 at 7:24 am
            I would put a Turkish van cat in there, they LOVE water
            • dogloverThursday, November 29, 2018 at 7:58 am
              i would not trust a machine to clean my dog ill clean my dog myself
              • I love AnimalsSunday, October 21, 2018 at 8:46 am
                At the beginning of the video, the dog looked super scared. The water just drenches the dog inside, and this could cause water to get in its eyes. It looked super cute while getting dried though.
                • landmanMonday, April 2, 2018 at 1:44 pm
                  ill use it
                  • freddyThursday, March 29, 2018 at 10:25 am
                    i like the guy person but all of you but not person ARE rong this machine is the best i love it i must use it BYE
                    • personMonday, March 26, 2018 at 5:53 am