Zlata - The Super Elastic Human Being

215 Words 2-Minute Listen

Most of us are not even flexible enough to clasp our hands together at the back, so you can just imagine how elastic your body would have to be, to fit inside a tiny refrigerator, a feat that contortionist Zlata seems to accomplish with extreme ease.

The young Russian girl realized that she had a special talent when she was just four years old. When a pre-school teacher asked the class to create a bridge, by standing on their hands and feet with their backs arched, she outshone all her classmates.

Diagnosed with a rare condition that makes her joints extra pliable, Zlata initially used her unusual skills to become a world class gymnast. However, the goddess of flexibility soon realized that she prefered being a contortionist and joined a circus, where she performed for a number of years. The twenty-four year old now resides in Germany, spending her days either training or performing at shows all over the world.

The 5ft. 9in tall athlete is so pliable that she can fit inside a 50 sq.cm box. However, her most favorite move is to bend her body backwards at a perfect 90-degree angle - whereby she appears to cut herself into half so that her hands touch her heels! Simply amazing!

sources: Dailymail.co.uk,mopo.ca

• thistle912
    thistle912Monday, August 31, 2020 at 8:05 am
    Wow! I can do gymnastics, and I’m pretty flexible, but not as much as her!
    • ellie0307
      ellie0307Friday, August 21, 2020 at 5:47 am
      I'm kind of flexible so I can do things like gymnastics but I'm not as flexible as her b/c I didn't did any practice for three months!! So I'm working on my middle spilts.
      • goodvibesonly09
        goodvibesonly09Friday, July 24, 2020 at 7:44 am
        People, you think your bad but if you have seen ME you would think twice! Some people are afraid to do a flip or something but i'm afraid to do a SOMERSAULT! Im so NOT flexable! Omg! That reminds me when I read this article I was like that looks easy doing the heels touching her hands thing. But when I tried doing it I could barely even LIFT my leg! AHHHH! Well now I know for SURE I will NOT be a sucsesful gymnist if I ever tried!
        • lime_skater0707
          lime_skater0707Friday, July 24, 2020 at 3:11 am
          She is so flexible unlike me! LOL
          • animereina2021
            animereina2021Thursday, July 23, 2020 at 6:25 pm
            I am not flexible at all! I can't even do gymnastics, I failed XD. But some people are better at these things than other people. I am one of the worse ones! But I am ok with it, because everyone is different
            • lime_skater0707
              lime_skater0707Friday, July 24, 2020 at 3:09 am
              I can't do gymnastics neither (even though I am pretty flexible. Not as her but...).
            • doggylover111
              doggylover111Thursday, July 23, 2020 at 4:43 pm
              Wow 🤩 I’m flexible I can get my feet over my head laying on my stomach but I would break my back trying to fit in my fridge 😂
              • wolfie_uwu
                wolfie_uwuThursday, July 23, 2020 at 9:15 am
                I can do 4 frontflips in a row and a backflip... In a pool
                • lime_skater0707
                  lime_skater0707Friday, July 24, 2020 at 3:09 am
                  I can do flips under water but not above the water. 😂
                  • sydney_zepp
                    sydney_zeppMonday, August 31, 2020 at 7:44 am
                    I can do front and back flips and handstands under water! I used to be able to do cartwheels and almost do front flips, but I kept hurting my elbow so I had to stop. 😢
                    • thistle912
                      thistle912Monday, August 31, 2020 at 8:06 am
                      Same! I can also do flips underwater!
                    • coolvae
                      coolvaeTuesday, August 4, 2020 at 10:29 am
                      I love swimming in the pool. its just that covid 19 is here so we can't in the the pool.
                      • sweet-readlover
                        sweet-readloverSaturday, July 25, 2020 at 6:49 am
                        Sameis. Although I am kinda doing it.( but i can’t do it)😂
                      • animereina2021
                        animereina2021Thursday, July 23, 2020 at 6:27 pm
                        I can do front flips and back flips under water! But I am not good at anything else really. I am horrible at gymnastics! Lol
                        • sweet-readlover
                          sweet-readloverFriday, July 24, 2020 at 3:10 am
                          It's okay if you can't do it because i used to be like you.😁
                      • sweet-readlover
                        sweet-readloverThursday, July 23, 2020 at 5:00 am
                        I am flexible but she is really good!!!
                        • sydney_zepp
                          sydney_zeppMonday, August 31, 2020 at 7:44 am
                          So cool!
                        • goldenheart123
                          goldenheart123Wednesday, July 22, 2020 at 11:37 am
                          I can do a back flip but she... yeah she is way more flexible!
                          • honeybadger1313
                            honeybadger1313Wednesday, July 22, 2020 at 7:19 am
                            I can do a handstand, cartwheel, and a sorta front flip on the trampoline, BUT THIS IS CRAZY
                            • honeybadger1313
                              honeybadger1313Thursday, July 23, 2020 at 7:05 am
                              oh and also a front hand spring