Animal Lover Adopts 1,500 Dogs And 200 Cats!
Listen to Article
You think you love animals? We guarantee you not as much as Ha Wenjin, who has given up everything she owned, so that she can look after all her pets.
The middle-aged Chinese woman started by taking care of just two to three dogs in the little spare time she had - but they kept coming in and before she knew it, she had quit her job and was spending her entire day, taking care of the dogs and cats in need.
With 1,500 dogs and 200 cats she now has her own animal shelter, with ten volunteer workers to assist with the dogs and two for the cats. As people who have dogs know it is pretty expensive to look after one dog, so you can only imagine how much 1,500 dogs would cost. Luckily, most of the food for the animals, is donated by kind individuals.
But just as things were looking good, Ha Wenjin had another setback. The Chinese government wants to reclaim the land the shelter is built on and have threatened to shut it down.
So poor Ha Wenjin now has to re-locate. After searching everywhere, she has finally settled on a place in Honyu Village, far away from other people, so they can't complain about the dogs barking. Now, all she has to do is find volunteers to help her transport the dogs and cats in buses and clean up after them. We hope she succeeds! Oh and if the first picture reminds you of the Mayflower boat, don't worry, the dogs are all gathered just because it's feeding time.
- starwars2010over 1 yearHa Wenjin, thank you for adopting all those poor dogs and cats. I really appreciate it.
- dinobasketball7about 2 yearsOMG
- bookfan2009almost 3 yearsOmg!! That is crazy! WOW!!
- dinobasketball7about 2 yearssame
- animereina2021almost 3 yearsWoah! She went waaay over board. I would not like to do that because you are literally quitting your job and giving up everything you own just to take care of a lot of dogs and cats. I am glad that she actually really cares about the animals because she actually did all of that for them, and that these adorable animals all have a home now, and I hope that she can handle taking care of them. The thing is tho, since she practically had gave up everything, she now has to worry about taking care of her self too. But I don't think that she could do it well because she is too focused on taking care of these pets. #Like it you agree #Follow if you wanna #U r welcome 2 reply
- gold3nglareover 2 yearsI disagree. I would have done the same thing, dogs need homes. And I guess cats do too.
- animereina2021almost 3 yearsI hope you guys are staying safe and sound form COVID 19, and hope to you the best of luck!
- bangarangwolfalmost 3 yearsI want to become a Zoologist someday
- guineapiggyover 4 yearsDang! What would you do with all those animals!!!???!!!! How would you feed and give attention to ALL of them???!!!!?????
- maddiover 4 yearswow that is a lot of animals.
- Dallasover 4 yearsi love animals i have 27 reptiles and 20 dogs
- bobover 4 yearsi wish i could help donate things she needs.
- Bubblegumalmost 5 yearsI would love that much pets