Wild Cat Forges An Unusual Bond With Family Pet
Listen to Article
The relationship between a wild cat and a domesticated dog is usually quite straightforward - One eats the other for lunch! But don't tell Salati, a 10-month old leopard and Tommy the resident golden retriever at Glen Afric Country Lodge near Pretoria, South Africa, that.
They are fast friends, who exercise and play together, chasing each other in the resorts vast open grounds, all day.
Salati, orphaned at birth, was brought to the rehabilitation and conservation center for injured or endangered wild animals, by a local veterinarian when he was just a tiny cub. Tommy took to him right away, and the two became friends.
Fast forward ten months, and the only thing that has changed is that Salati is no longer a cute tiny cat, but a strapping youngster, bigger and faster than Tommy - However, neither seem to have noticed the difference!
They still continue with their daily exercise routine in the 1,850-acre estate, before settling down for a friendly cuddle and snooze. We sure hope this love fest never ends!
source: dailymail.co.uk, 6.5.10
Learn Keywords in this Article
- unpopular8 monthsSo cute!😍
- adroit_avimimusabout 1 yearMy dog always wants to make friends with everyone she meets, and this is heartwarming!
- bangarangwolfalmost 3 yearsMy grandma had a golden retriever but she died
- jad123over 2 yearsso sorry that happened.
- Amazing about 4 yearsThis is soooooooooooooo so CUTE
- Crystal about 4 yearsI have a Golden retriever
- coolllllllover 4 yearscute!
- Nicoleabout 5 yearsI love leopards
- WolfDogabout 5 yearscool too
- WolfDogabout 5 yearshow cute
- elainapenguinabout 5 yearsthat is so cute