World's Smallest Teen Crowned World's Smallest Woman

292 Words 2-Minute Listen

Since 2009, Nagpur resident Jyoti Amge has enjoyed the fame that comes with being the World's Smallest Teen. On Friday December 16th, she happily relinquished that title for another one - The World's Smallest Woman.

That's because on that day, the tiny teen that measures just a tad over 2 feet, turned 18. And that was not the only big news this miniature woman with a larger than life smile and spirit shared with the hundreds of people who gathered to celebrate the day. She also announced the debut of her Bollywood career with not one, but two, Indian movies - Fulfilling a dream she has harbored ever since she can remember.

Looking radiant and happy in a beautiful pink sari, the young woman who weighs just 12lbs or 9lbs more than when she was born, blew out the candles off a yummy looking cake and joyfully embraced the cuddly teddy bear that appeared to be larger than life compared to her tiny stature.

Born with a form of dwarfism called Achondroplasia, Jyoti, the youngest of five children, stopped growing after her first birthday. However, her family, who are all of normal height, have never treated her any different. She went to the same schools as her siblings and was encouraged to fulfill all her dreams. If anything, thanks to her delicate 'porcelain doll-like' appearance, she is and continues to be spoilt rotten by her siblings.

And, while Bollywood is new to this amazing young woman, being in the limelight is not. She has already starred in a music video along with one of India's most famous singers and was also, the subject of a BBC documentary. Happy 18th birthday Jyoti! We sure hope all your wishes and dreams continue to be realized!

Resources: telegraph.co.uk, huffingtonpost.com

• tiger15
    tiger15Monday, May 17, 2021 at 11:03 am
    WoW!! and I think I am short!!
    • tropical_wonder
      tropical_wonderThursday, March 11, 2021 at 8:36 am
      wow that is really small!
      • zaks
        zaksWednesday, December 2, 2020 at 1:17 pm
        Wow, and I think that I'm short! I'm 11 and about 4 foot 8, she's 18 and only 2 feet tall.
        • imalaser3456
          imalaser3456Thursday, December 3, 2020 at 2:27 pm
          I'm 11 and I'm about 5 foot
        • kotlcfitzphie12
          kotlcfitzphie12Wednesday, December 2, 2020 at 7:14 am
          I'm only 10 and 5 feet 6! She's 18 and 2 feet! That's cuckoo for the natural order.
          • kotlcfitzphie13
            kotlcfitzphie13Wednesday, December 2, 2020 at 11:57 am
            Wow! I'm 13 and only 5 foot 3! I really want to be taller but it looks like my younger siblings will end up being taller than me! :(
          • gold3nglare
            gold3nglareTuesday, December 1, 2020 at 9:05 am
            I'm only like 5 foot, or maybe 4'11 and I'm going to high school next year.
            • sokeefe_forever
              sokeefe_foreverWednesday, December 2, 2020 at 3:07 pm
              I'm in 10th grade, but I should be in 8th or 9th.
              • katelyn_887
                katelyn_887Thursday, June 10, 2021 at 5:11 pm
                I am 5 foot 11 so I feel tall ether way I am in 10th grade too
                • katelyn_887
                  katelyn_887Thursday, June 10, 2021 at 5:05 pm
                  I am in 10th grade too and im 5'11 I am tall but I stand out im so tall I would like to be shorter
                • sokeefe_forever
                  sokeefe_foreverWednesday, December 2, 2020 at 3:07 pm
                  Lol, I'm 5'7😂
                • gold3nglare
                  gold3nglareMonday, November 30, 2020 at 7:14 am
                  Did you know that the tallest man on Earth, and the shortest man met up to have a tea party?
                  • jyroligykunixy
                    jyroligykunixySunday, September 13, 2020 at 11:29 am
                    She is awesome she can change the world.It does not matter how small you r.
                    • tree11
                      tree11Wednesday, April 8, 2020 at 7:48 pm
                      I'm in fifth grade and I'm almost five feet tall. Yes I am eleven.
                      • lillyrose123
                        lillyrose123Tuesday, April 7, 2020 at 2:07 pm
                        she is very unique
                        • janan10
                          janan10Monday, April 6, 2020 at 3:51 pm
                          she's small on the inside but beautiful on the out side
                          • sokeefe_forever
                            sokeefe_foreverWednesday, December 2, 2020 at 3:08 pm
                            You can be small and beautiful!!