Machine Dispenses Free Samples - To Adults Only!

219 Words 2-Minute Listen

Trying out free samples of any food is fun, but Jell-O? That has to top the list. The best part is that Kraft Foods has figured out how to automate the process using vending machines, which means one can keep returning for more, without getting the evil eye from a human sample dispenser. The catch? It will dispense to adults only!

Why would a company be sooooo mean? According to Kraft Inc., Jell-O Temptations is the first jiggly desert created for adults so, it's only befitting that the samples are reserved for them.

To ensure that they do reach their target audience the company partnered with tech giant Intel to create vending machines dubbed iSample that scan the sample seeker's face and guess the approximate age using biometric data like the distance between eyes and ears. If everything checks out, it happily dispenses the yummy pudding. However, if a hungry child or adult with a child-like face shows up, it simply shuts down!

The saddest part is that the company, which has already installed the iSample at New York's South Street Seaport and Chicago's Shedd Aquarium is planning to use them for a myriad of fun 'adult' food campaigns. Now, if they could only come up with a machine that shuts down when adults line up!

Resources: Gizmag.com, dailymail.co.uk

• rainbowbite
    rainbowbiteSunday, February 7, 2021 at 3:31 pm
    😡😡😡 That is not FAIR. And I know that my parents have huge bowls of ice cream after they think us kids are asleep!!! I- OH. I just realized that the last person to comment in this article commented three years ago. 😅
    • artgirl2
      artgirl2Monday, February 8, 2021 at 4:18 am
      Its unfair already that kids can't use it, but they are saying that even some ADULTS with kid-like face can't use it either!! So this is unfair to kids and adults!!
    • spykitten
      spykittenThursday, July 26, 2018 at 9:04 am
      That isn't fair!
      • lov
        lovThursday, February 1, 2018 at 2:12 pm
        I want one no fair ! 😡
        • rosepinkunicorn
          rosepinkunicornThursday, January 11, 2018 at 2:43 pm
          I want the chocolate one🍫 so badly😖, but I can't buy it because I look like a five year old!😣😤😭
          • rosepinkunicorn
            rosepinkunicornThursday, January 11, 2018 at 2:39 pm
            That's so unfair😞!!!!! even unicorns share!!!!😞😭
            • meadowlark12
              meadowlark12Wednesday, January 10, 2018 at 10:35 am
              Interesting. Most people say I look like a 15 year old.
              • cpdWednesday, January 10, 2018 at 10:30 am
                Follow me please. But why did they make it so that we could not have it.
                • cpdWednesday, January 10, 2018 at 10:27 am
                  I AM SO MAD. Why did they do this?
                  • grapefruit
                    grapefruitWednesday, January 10, 2018 at 3:07 am
                    why! does that mean none for me? soooo not fair...
                    • cutecat6
                      cutecat6Tuesday, January 9, 2018 at 4:14 pm
                      That is so not fair!!!!!! I really want a taste of that double chocolate pie(even though its Jell-O )!!!!!!! Like this comment and please follow me if you totally agree with me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      • lov