Video Of The Week - 12-Year Old Skateboarder Lands The First-Ever 1080
Listen to Article
A 12-year old Malibu youngster has achieved what even professional skateboarders like Shaun White and Mitchie Brasco have been unable to do - Land a perfect 1080. For those of you who do not understand skateboarding lingo, it means completing three full rotations in the air and landing with his board still underneath him.
Tom Schaar who has been skateboarding since he was four years old, performed this record-beaking feat on a Mega Ramp at Woodward West In Tehachapi, CA on March 30th, 2012. Customized by Schaar's sponsor Red Bull, it featured a 70-foot-in-ramp that led to a 50-gap and then a quarterpipe ramp with a 27-foot wall.
The spinning machine who recently became one of only a handful and the youngest skateboarder to land a 900 (2.5 full rotations) had not expected to achieve this amazing feat in his 5th attempt - He thought it would take at least three days and 40+ tries. Needless to say, he was thrilled, calling it his best day ever!
Resources: Latimes.com, telegraph.co.uk
- jazmine2008almost 2 yearswow he's so good i actually have been considering trying to skateboard but i don't know.
- x_goddess_xalmost 2 yearsHow- omg, he's soo good!
- wolfy_bluealmost 2 yearswoah this is amazing
- slimegirl08about 2 yearsi can skateboard but not like that
- slimegirl08about 2 yearswow thats really cool
- lolatheutealmost 3 yearsSuper cool!! I can skate a little bit but I am really bad lol. Congrats to him!! 😁😁
- 1harrypotterfanalmost 3 yearsWow!!! Congrats to him!