A Cafe For Dogs? You Have To Be Kidding!
Listen to Article
With a special cable television network, hotels reserved just for them, surfing competitions and even beauty pageants, dogs are almost as pampered as humans. So why not a cafe inside which canines can just chill and hang out? Welcome to South Korea's, Dog Cafe!
Located in the city of Busan, the concept was adopted from the cat cafe phenomenon that has spread across Japan like wildfire. The goal is to get the people of this busy city who work long hours and live in apartments not big enough to accommodate dogs, a chance to bond with man's best friend.
As soon as patrons walk in, dogs of all breeds and sizes jump up and try hustle for their attention. While there are gates to separate the small dogs from the big ones, the boundaries are hardly ever kept and the dogs pretty much roam all around the cafe nuzzling and even jumping into the laps of the people who gives them attention.
However, a price has to be paid for this affection. Every customer who enters is charged 8,000 won ($7.20 USD). But it is totally worth it, since the price includes an unlimited supply of coffee or smoothies, a scrumptious buffet of donuts and cake and most importantly, the opportunity to hang with the dogs as long as they like. The best part is, that all the dogs are rescued or strays which means that without the cafe, they would be homeless - A true win-win for everyone!
Learn Keywords in this Article
- gold3nglarealmost 2 yearsThat seems overly expensive. Not worth it
- eggcateggdogabout 2 yearsdonuts dogs!?! i have to go here! btw i have a cavalier king charles spaniel UwU she is so cute!!!
- als1234about 2 yearsDogs and donuts the two best d's and a win win
- EVILalmost 4 yearsI EAT DOGS!!!!! YUM!!!!
- Coolkidalmost 4 yearsI need to go there
- brooklynabout 4 yearscute lol
- lieabout 4 yearscool i want to be them
- hi peopel about 4 yearsI wish I could be there
- BellaSnowCooperabout 4 yearsWish they had these in the US of A
- WOOPUPOalmost 5 yearsmy dog is not VERY FRIENDLY like that.