'Playing' With Food Has Never Looked So Good!
Listen to Article
A mosaic of a tea picker, a wild flower meadow and a working camera all made from sugar, were just some of the extraordinary sights in store for the thousands of people fortunate enough to attend the annual Experimental Food Society Spectacular held on November 8 & 9th, at London'sTruman Brewery.
Now in its fourth year, the event is the brainchild of Alexa Perrin who is trying to change people's perception of food from something they just swallow to something they admire as an art form. Each year, she invites some of England's finest food artists ranging from butter sculptors to experimental confectioners and even food landscape artists, to demonstrate their artistic skills by 'playing' with their food.
The results as you can see from this chocolate snail made by British confectioners 'Boy Eats Bug' can range from a little slimy and unappetizing, to just plain magical like the glow in the dark ice cream cone below. Created by food inventor Charlie Harry Francis, its secret ingredient is calcium-activated luminescence jellyfish protein that lights up when someone 'agitates' it, by taking a lick! But magic like this does not come cheap - It cost Francis $140 USD to create this one scoop, which means that the ice cream is not coming to a store near you, anytime soon.
Then, there was this gorgeous cocktail glass made by Fernando Laposse, artist and sugar blower extraordinaire. The glass as you may have guessed doubles up as a drink holder and dessert - For after the drink is done, it can be savored, one sweet bite at a time!
While this life-sized model of a chicken created by Kyle Bean using just eggshells is definitely not edible, it sure is cute to look at!
As for this amazing rendition of the city of Venice? Though it may look like a beautiful oil painting it is actually made from the 'Lego' of the food world - pasta, by photographer and food landscape artist, Carl Warner! Playing with food is not all that bad is it?
Resources: cablouinartinfo.com, msn.com
Learn Keywords in this Article
- songunicorn17about 1 yearIt sounds interesting and delicious!! Lol👍
- nick05over 1 yearI wish I could have some of that. It will last me about a month. It could probably help candy stay a very long time. It could be cool if the animals could eat it too.
- 2125006about 2 yearsyum
- kotlc_readerabout 2 yearsYum!
- busybeeover 2 yearsThat Is so cool
- streamer btwabout 4 yearslol
- BellaSnowCooperover 4 yearsI wish they made a color changing ice are caramels
- Unicornkitty5over 4 yearsI would love to be at that restaurant and eating that food
- soso2almost 6 yearsSo creative! Takes a lot of talent to make on of those!
- Bruno marsalmost 6 yearsI would love a meal like that right now.