Iron Man Fan? Then You May Want To Head To Japan For The 4DX Experience
Listen to Article
If you are a superhero fan, chances are you have already pre-purchased the ticket for the May 3rd midnight premier of Iron Man 3 and are looking forward to your interactive 3D experience with Tony Stark and Pepper Potts. But, if you are a little late to the game, you may want to skip the US party and instead, head over to Nagoya, Japan where one theater is screening the experience in 4DX.
So what is the 4th dimension that we are all missing out on? The ability to actually feel the sensations of the actions in the movie and even to smell them, with the help of tilting and vibrating seats, bubble dropping strobe lights, smoke and wind blowing machines and scent devices. For example, viewers will be able feel Tony Stark's Audi R8 as it zips across the screen and even, smell Pepper Pott's perfume and all kinds of other things given that the technology can emit 1,000 different smells.
Of course, an amazing experience like this does not come cheap. Japanese moviegoers will have to fork out an extra 1,300 yen ($13 USD) over and above the normal ticket price of 1,200 yen ($12 USD), to watch the 4DX version. However, we get the feeling that diehard Iron Man fans will not be too upset about this.
Developed by South Korea based CJ Group, 4DX technology has already been installed in theaters all the way from China to Israel and even, Mexico. It is rumored to be making its way to the US soon - Just in time for Iron Man 4 perhaps?
arts.nationalpost.com. gizmag.com, wired.com
Learn Keywords in this Article
- aphphilippinesabout 8 yearsAh, Japan. What do you not have? You're so lucky, Nikukyu!
- Awww you're so sweet, but trust me. You get soooooooooooooooo jealous of American schools! In America, everything is more fun, colorful, friendly , and FREE! But, of coarse, that doesn't mean that I dislike my country. I love Japan, because we have a lot of cultures and great food, and that Japanese are shy and nice.
- batman527about 8 yearsthats my man!
- Anonymousabout 8 yearsCoooool
- teejhayover 8 yearsI love iron man movies!
- Boobooover 8 yearsI love it
- stark550over 8 yearsi am ironman
- malbus13over 8 yearsno your not your simply a person that believes you are
- Lol I sometimes do that too! I pretend I'm Zoella or Maybaby...( you-tube stars )
- marvel33almost 9 yearsI own 2 iron man comic books
- Namealmost 9 yearsNICE
- 03willisalmost 9 yearsthe trailer was okay
- marvel33almost 9 yearsbro are you kidding the movie was awesome!!!!!!!!
- Bro... Why does it seem so weird when I say it? Nah, it's probably because I'm a girl....
- fernandoabout 9 yearscool