Abandoned Lion, Tiger And Hyena Cubs Form Unusual Bond
Listen to Article
In the wild, lions, tigers and striped hyenas are fierce competitors, all seeking out the same prey and often even stealing each other's kills! But don't tell that to these five youngsters who believe that they were born to be best of friends.
The odd assortment comprising of three baby lions, one baby tiger and one baby striped hyena, all born at the Akwaaba Lodge in Rustenburg, South Africa were instantly abandoned by their mothers. Fortunately the owner of the lodge, Layla Cajee decided to not only adopt the young infants, but also, place them under one roof. Not knowing any better, the cubs have all become best of friends who spend their entire day frolicking and nights, cuddled up next to each other.
Like every toddler, each one has a distinct personality. According to Layla, the leader of the pack is the five-month old tiger cub Bella, who dominates everything including trying to get the biggest share during meal times. The lion cubs - Delano, Romeo and Maximus who are also five months old, are surprisingly timid. As for six-month old Milika, the hyena? She is the mischievous and boisterous one, always ready to pick a fight with her temporary siblings.
Temporary, because this love fest will not last forever. Within about two years, as soon as the cute cubes turn into dangerous predators, they will be given their own living quarters. But it is thanks to this unusual bond that they will be able to see that day, because none of them would have been to able survive alone in the wild.
What would be interesting to observe is their relationship if they ever encounter each other in the wild - Will they compete with each other as fiercely for the same prey as they normally do or, will they remember the fact that they were once friends and share their kill?
Learn Keywords in this Article
- taffy_laffy20 daysTHEY ARE SO CUTE!!!!!!! i really hope they change their mind about separateing them.
- marypopcornalmost 2 yearsOOOOHHHHHH THOSE BABY ANIMALS ARE THE CUTEST THINGS I HAVE EVER SEEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THEY ARE ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- jazzypooabout 2 yearsfirst their mothers now they must be separated from their friends?!So cute,# I love lions and cats 🦁nooooooo! why must they be put apart?!
- x_goddess_xover 2 yearsSo cute, follow me if you agree!
- x_goddess_xover 2 yearsI love the baby lions, how could the mom abandon those cute faces???
- saphege_emsover 2 yearsfirst their mothers now they must be seperated from their friends?!
- saphege_emsover 2 yearsnooooooo! why must they be put apart?!
- bscover 2 yearsIt's cute, but also sad.
- pasteleaover 2 years# i love lions and cats 🦁
- jkbearover 2 yearsThat's cute but really sad. Hopefully, they found a home!