Video Of The Week - British Competition Honors Naughty Pets
Listen to Article
Three hundred of Britain'sbadly behaved pets recently got their day in the sun, thanks to a nationwide competition to honor the naughtiest of them all! The contest organized by Direct Blinds, an online supplier of custom window coverings, asked owners to upload photos of their pets caught during their most mischievous moments, on the company's Facebook page.
Though they were all hilariously impish, it was Yodie, a German Shepherd and Keeshond cross, that captured the judges' attention. Originally from Romania, Yodie was rescued by a British charity from where he was adopted by 25-year-old Laura Vitty. The Newcastleresident says that over the years Yodie has destroyed many items including, his own dog bed.
However, it is cushions that the pooch seems to hate the most. One of his biggest fights with them came during a two-week period when Yodie was unwell and ordered by the vet to stay home. Vitty believes that her dog was so bored that he decided to attack every cushion he could put his paws on and distribute the shreds all over the house. While the mess took weeks to clean up, it is also the reason the naughty dog earned himself the title of Britain's Naughtiest Pet and his owner, £500 Pounds Sterling and some free custom blinds.
In second place was another dog called Harry, whose favorite hobby is to shred newspapers and magazines. The funniest and most talented however was Stoops, a black cat who came in third place - She apparently loves to open the fridge and hop in to lick the tops of the cold milk bottles.
Resources: Telegraph.co.uk, mirror.co.uk
Learn Keywords in this Article
- My grandparent's dog, I think, qualifies! LOL!
- horse123456about 2 yearsMy dog Wyatt...... Where do I start? I love him SO SO SO SO SO SO MUCH, but he chews on toys (that are not his), jumps up on the counter, and stuffs his face into the garbage and EATS IT. Like ewwww. I'm sure there is a lot more things I forget to add
- My grandparent's dog ate my older sister's most precious Barbie. She was heartbroken (my sister not the dog, the dog was happy!) :(
- kaylynsover 2 yearsMy cats love to play around and destroy curtains!🤣🤣
- animereina2021almost 3 yearsYes! Eve is just the thing I need! She tears up everything up in the house lol😂
- bangarangwolfalmost 3 yearsMy cat is a spazz, she loves opening the pantry up and getting dust all over her face
- My grandparents have a dog, and man, she is a spazz. Like, when my family and I lived in Texas, she ran it to a tree! Yeah, I know, crazy. And then, she fell into our pool because, I think, she was trying to run to my dad but forgot there was a pool in her way. LOL! #crazydog
- lpscollie01over 3 yearsMy shih Tzu is perfect for that!! LOL!!
- #elephant loverabout 4 yearsLOL!😂 So cute!😀
- baby jamesabout 4 yearsdogs are so silly!
- bubblesabout 4 yearsi love dogs
- sophieabout 4 yearsI LOVE CATS