Video Of The Week - Tony Stark Fits Disabled Boy With An Iron Man Arm
Listen to Article
What's better than meeting your favorite superhero? How about receiving a bionic arm from him? That's exactly what seven-year-old Alex experienced recently, when he met with Robert Downey Jr. aka Tony Stark!
When the young boy who was born with a partially developed arm was instructed to enter a hotel room, he had no idea what awaited him. Hence, you can only imagine Alex's surprise when Robert Downey Jr. walked in and fitted him with a bionic arm that looked very similar to the one he wore in Iron Man 3.
The arm, which will allow Alex to lead a normal life and be the envy of kids everywhere was created by Alberto Manero. The University of Central Florida Fulbright scholar and doctoral student in mechanical engineering builds and donates low-cost limbs to children around the world. Unlike traditional false limbs that can run as high as $40,000 USD, this 3-D printed prosthetic cost only $350 USD to make. In addition to being affordable it is definitely a lot cooler!
Resources: independent.co.uk, theguardian.com
Learn Keywords in this Article
- ponygirl1112 monthsThat is so nice of him!
- foreverregancornabout 1 yearlove it so kind
- alphademon673about 1 yearYou can do it Alex! Good luck! It was SOOOOO sweet for R.D.J to do that for him! <3
- alphawolf13about 2 yearsAwww! That's so nice of him. Also, is it just me or is it that all of the roles that Robert jr. plays in movies are usually kinda mean, but yet he is super nice in real life...
- kittiesmamaover 2 yearsGood luck Alex
- kittiesmamaover 2 yearsLittle boy getting help so cute
- shootingstarsover 2 yearsAw! That's so sweet!
- bscover 2 yearsLove it!
- rainbow800over 2 yearsVery interesting
- xenoover 2 yearsRobert downy Jr so nice of you please help the kid make the world happy too
- xenoover 2 yearsAww so nice of Tony Stark to do