These Stylish Shoes Are Crafted Entirely From Chocolate!
Listen to Article
With Christmas around the corner, Valentine’s Day is probably the last thing on your mind. However, don’t tell that to Motohiro Okai. The chocolatier, who works at the Rihga Royal Hotel Chocolate Boutique L’éclat in Osaka, Japan, has been feverishly working to perfect an exclusive line of “shoes” that will delight even the most discerning man.
Dubbed “Gentleman’s Radiance,” the meticulously crafted chocolate shoes look like high-end footwear and even include shoe care accessories, like a shiny shoehorn and a tub of “shoe cream” filled with discs of tempered chocolate. Though only available in one size — 10.2 inches, or the equivalent of US shoe size 10 — buyers do have the option of choosing between dark, light, and reddish-brown colors.
Of course, shoes this exquisite and delicious, do not come cheap. A pair from this exclusive collection which can be pre-ordered starting January 20, will cost 29,160 Japanese Yen (US$ 258.45) each — close to the price of wearable high-end dress shoes. The only consolation is that Okai is planning on crafting just nine pairs!
While spending so much money on chocolate may appear extravagant, it is fairly common in Japan, where the confection is the favorite gift of choice on Valentine’s Day. Hence, every year, chocolate manufacturers go all out to craft unusual pieces of edible artwork. Fortunately, most are more wallet-friendly than Okai’s “Gentleman’s Radiance!”
Wondering why the chocolatier did not create a pair of stylish shoes for women as well? That’s because in Japan, it’s the women who purchase gifts for men on February 14. But before you cry foul, there is a silver lining. Men do not only reciprocate the favor on “White Day,” which is celebrated a month later on March 14, but also buy gifts that are at least three times the value of what they receive on Valentine’s Day!
Learn Keywords in this Article
- wolfiedreamalmost 2 yearsWhat if they melted while you were wearing them?
- marypopcornalmost 2 yearsYou don't wear them, you just eat them.
- x_goddess_xalmost 2 yearsOMG, give em to me!!!!!
- bella513almost 2 yearsi LOVE chocolate!!!
- karatehedgehog4almost 2 yearsOooh they're so cute I just wanna eat them up
- kiki16about 2 yearsI LOVE CHOCOLATE!!!!!!👏👏👏
- kiki16about 2 yearsTHIS IS LIKE THE COOOOOOOLEST THING EVER!!!😱😱😃😃😃
- wolfy_blueabout 2 yearsI'd probally eat them as soon as I buy them. LOL.
- lingyao121314over 2 yearsthis is so cool i might start doing something like this
- macncheesep1zover 2 yearsThere are objects that are cake but look not like cake
- strange_thingover 2 yearsthey are not cake, they are just chocolate
- macncheesep1zover 2 yearsI would eat those