Tesla's Latest Electric Vehicle Is Just For Kids!
Listen to Article
Elon Musk has been teasing fans with the Tesla Cybertruck — the company's first all-electric truck — and the equally futuristic Tesla Cyberquad All-Terrain Vehicle (ATV) since 2019. However, the car manufacturer has yet to begin production on either model. Instead, the company made up for the delay by announcing the release of the all-electric Cyberquad for Kids on December 1, 2021.
The sleek vehicle — a collaboration between the Tesla Design Studio and Radio Flyer — is identical to the concept Cyberquad ATV Musk showcased in 2019. It boasts a full steel frame, cushioned seats, and LED light bars. A powerful lithium-ion battery allows young riders to zoom around for 15 miles on a single charge! Even better, the ATV can be recharged in just five hours, ensuring minimal downtime between rides.
The vehicle's adjustable speed setting allows parents to set a maximum speed limit of either five mph or ten mph. The rider can control the pace with a thumb throttle and use the hand brake to bring the ATV to a sudden stop in case of emergencies. The best part? Cyberquad for Kids can support up to 150 pounds of rider weight, which means even adults can join in the fun!
Unfortunately, those hoping to add the ATV to their Christmas wish list are in for a disappointment. Despite a hefty price tag of $1,900, Cyberquad for Kids sold out within hours after they were put up for sale on the company's website. Hopefully, the ATV's demand will encourage Tesla to make more units available soon. Meanwhile, kiddos hunkering hoping for a Tesla will have to settle for the kid's version of the Model S sedan, which is available for a "mere" $499!
Resources: Tesla.com, Radioflyer.com, Forbes.com
Get the Workbook for this article!Workbook contains: Article, Reading Comprehension, Critical Thinking Questions, Vocabulary in Context (+ answers), Multiple Choice Quiz (+ answers), Parts of Speech Quiz (+ answers), Vocabulary Game (+ answers)
Learn Keywords in this Article
- noahm2about 2 monthsThat is a next-gen thing. that is the coolest thing I have ever seen, kids in 2050 are going to probably have flying cars by then this generation is something else
- majestic_tiger14 months#kidsruleadultsdrool #kidsvehicle #lovingthis
- ms_thebest924 monthswow if only i could afford it lol
- icywolf4 monthssame
- best_of_today5 monthsdude, that looks awsome!
- cristiano25 monthsI need that now
- jojo20125 monthsI need this for christmas 😏😏😏
- bunnyjoyful_sab5 monthsThat is so cool
- awesomelukas6 monthsThat looks so good! I'm going to try to buy one right now!
- awesomelukas6 monthsOMG, I'm just so jealous! :(
- camden456 monthsIt looks a little unstable in the video
- djthunder3456 monthsSO true riding horse is so much better than an ATV plus a horse can go way faster.