Reading and Critical Thinking Skills
- Read the article or ask students to take turns reading aloud. Ask the students to weigh in their opinion of the current event verbally or as a comment on the article or on their class DOGOnews page.
- Ask students to identify the main theme of the article.
- Identify verbs, nouns and pronouns.
- Identify unfamiliar and challenging words from the list of Vocab words at the end of the article and discuss their meanings in the context of the article.
- Create spelling lists and tests based on the Vocab words.
- Pictures Speak A Thousand Words – Ask students to pick their favorite picture and describe it in their own words.
Listen to the Article: Play Audio