Coming Soon - The Wizarding World Of Harry Potter

By Meera Dolasia on October 4, 2009

Word Search

With the Harry Potter book series all squared away and only two movies left to be seen - there seemed to be little to look forward to, for fans of the young wizard - Until now. Last week, Universal Studios, Orlando unveiled plans of their upcoming attraction - 'The Wizarding World of Harry Potter'

Scheduled to open in April 2010, the 20-acre park is being designed to ensure that visitors experience Harry Potter's life to the fullest, starting with the entrance, which will resemble the Hogsmeade railway station - the final destination of the Hogwart's Express. Visitors 'disembarking' will be treated to a plume of smoke and an authentic sounding train whistle.

Once the smoke clears, fans will be able enter the park which among other things, will feature Hogsmeade Village, The Forbidden Forest and of course Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

Each area will be as similar to the books as possible. At the Hogsmeade Village, guests will be able to visit 'Ollivanders'  wand shop and be 'picked' by the right wand, purchase magical equipment including Quidditch brooms at Dervish and Banges or visit the Owl post, from where they can send letters with a certified 'Hogsmeade' postmark.

And of course, the village would not be complete without 'Honey Dukes, - the candy store that will stock not only 'Bertie Bott's every-flavor beans, but also those yummy sounding chocolate frogs that Potter devours!

The Forbidden Forest will feature a number of rides including a family roller coaster, dubbed 'Flight of the Hippograf'  and a high-speed adventure roller coaster called 'Dragons Challenge' based on the Triwazarding tournament.

Inside the Hogwarts castle, visitors will be able to hitch onto a ride called 'Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey', which will take them through the scenes and rooms from all the Harry Potter movies. Weary visitors will be invited to put their feet up at The Owlery or grab a bite to eat at the Three Broomsticks, which will also be serving 'butterbeer'

While J.K. Rowling has not seen the theme park yet, she has been closely involved with the design to ensure that it embodiesthe spirit of the magical world she created. Judging from what we have read, we believe she has nothing to worry about. Now if only Harry and his friends were going to be at the park too! To read more details go to: www.universalorlando.com/harrypotter

sources: telegraph.co.uk, usatoday.com. dailymail.co.uk

VocabularyPlay Game

destinationembodiesresembleweary

Share by EmailShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on TwitterShare on PinterestShare on RedditShare on Edmodo
  • imawesome1000Monday, April 13, 2015 at 6:20 pm
    im a harry potter addict and i can't stop talking about it! ;)
    • imawesome1000Monday, April 13, 2015 at 6:19 pm
      I'm going there this summer! on pottermore, a harry potter website i took a sorting test and I'm a Gryffindor, my wand also is phoenix feather core like harry's! my b-day is in the middle of the summer, at harry potter land if you go at age eleven you get exclusive tours and experiences, and I'm turning that age this summer! so in the rest of the time on vacation after my birthday, ill be in harry potter land having more fun than even possible! i can't wait! :)
      • dragoncat
        dragoncatMonday, February 9, 2015 at 6:47 am
        I've been there it's awesome, and I'm a Ravenclaw
        • aphphilippines
          aphphilippinesMonday, March 2, 2015 at 11:45 am
          I'm a Ravenclaw, too! What's it like? I've always wanted to go.
        • brendanWednesday, February 4, 2015 at 8:11 am
                i am in ravenclaw
              • owllover12
                owllover12Thursday, January 15, 2015 at 3:55 pm
                Now I really want to go too Orlando
                • owlsarethebest
                  owlsarethebestWednesday, December 31, 2014 at 2:26 pm
                  Guys, check out Pottermore. Sign up and u get to see what House you'll be in.
                  • owlsarethebest
                    owlsarethebestWednesday, December 31, 2014 at 2:24 pm
                    went in 2014 summer
                    • e rodriguezThursday, December 11, 2014 at 1:05 pm
                      I like Harry Potter, so I think I'll like 'The Wizarding World of Harry Potter!!!