Coming Soon - The Wizarding World Of Harry Potter

By Meera Dolasia on October 4, 2009

Word Search

With the Harry Potter book series all squared away and only two movies left to be seen - there seemed to be little to look forward to, for fans of the young wizard - Until now. Last week, Universal Studios, Orlando unveiled plans of their upcoming attraction - 'The Wizarding World of Harry Potter'

Scheduled to open in April 2010, the 20-acre park is being designed to ensure that visitors experience Harry Potter's life to the fullest, starting with the entrance, which will resemble the Hogsmeade railway station - the final destination of the Hogwart's Express. Visitors 'disembarking' will be treated to a plume of smoke and an authentic sounding train whistle.

Once the smoke clears, fans will be able enter the park which among other things, will feature Hogsmeade Village, The Forbidden Forest and of course Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

Each area will be as similar to the books as possible. At the Hogsmeade Village, guests will be able to visit 'Ollivanders'  wand shop and be 'picked' by the right wand, purchase magical equipment including Quidditch brooms at Dervish and Banges or visit the Owl post, from where they can send letters with a certified 'Hogsmeade' postmark.

And of course, the village would not be complete without 'Honey Dukes, - the candy store that will stock not only 'Bertie Bott's every-flavor beans, but also those yummy sounding chocolate frogs that Potter devours!

The Forbidden Forest will feature a number of rides including a family roller coaster, dubbed 'Flight of the Hippograf'  and a high-speed adventure roller coaster called 'Dragons Challenge' based on the Triwazarding tournament.

Inside the Hogwarts castle, visitors will be able to hitch onto a ride called 'Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey', which will take them through the scenes and rooms from all the Harry Potter movies. Weary visitors will be invited to put their feet up at The Owlery or grab a bite to eat at the Three Broomsticks, which will also be serving 'butterbeer'

While J.K. Rowling has not seen the theme park yet, she has been closely involved with the design to ensure that it embodiesthe spirit of the magical world she created. Judging from what we have read, we believe she has nothing to worry about. Now if only Harry and his friends were going to be at the park too! To read more details go to: www.universalorlando.com/harrypotter

sources: telegraph.co.uk, usatoday.com. dailymail.co.uk

• nick483
    nick483Tuesday, October 14, 2014 at 10:05 pm
    Good people who created this.
    • nick483
      nick483Tuesday, October 14, 2014 at 10:02 pm
      Oh man. I really want to go there cause I am big Harry potter fan and I wish I go to rave claw cause that is the smart one but just hope not sleterin well I also wish we can use actual wand to do duel battles and quidditch.
      • awesomedude56
        awesomedude56Thursday, January 2, 2014 at 9:45 am
        Awesome!
        • headream100
          headream100Friday, December 6, 2013 at 2:59 am
          I just HAVE to go there!!!
          • hamsterlover123Sunday, June 30, 2013 at 10:51 am
            ive been begging my 'rents to go there for like FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            • FiruzaTuesday, February 26, 2013 at 4:17 pm
              I have to go there I love Harry Potter
              • taliar
                taliarMonday, February 11, 2013 at 7:29 am
                I HAVE TO GO THERE!!!! LOVETHIS ARTICEL!!!
                • cutehermi
                  cutehermiThursday, January 17, 2013 at 4:08 am
                  I have to REALLY go there! Or else!
                  • webprincess
                    webprincessWednesday, January 9, 2013 at 2:42 pm
                    I......Have....To......Go......There
                    • CoTuesday, October 23, 2012 at 12:40 pm
                      I watched all of the Harry Potter movies and now I want to go to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter so BADLY :D

Vocabulary