Machine Dispenses Free Samples - To Adults Only!

By Meera Dolasia on January 4, 2012

Word Search

Trying out free samples of any food is fun, but Jell-O? That has to top the list. The best part is that Kraft Foods has figured out how to automate the process using vending machines, which means one can keep returning for more, without getting the evil eye from a human sample dispenser. The catch? It will dispense to adults only!

Why would a company be sooooo mean? According to Kraft Inc., Jell-O Temptations is the first jiggly desert created for adults so, it's only befitting that the samples are reserved for them.

To ensure that they do reach their target audience the company partnered with tech giant Intel to create vending machines dubbed iSample that scan the sample seeker's face and guess the approximate age using biometric data like the distance between eyes and ears. If everything checks out, it happily dispenses the yummy pudding. However, if a hungry child or adult with a child-like face shows up, it simply shuts down!

The saddest part is that the company, which has already installed the iSample at New York's South Street Seaport and Chicago's Shedd Aquarium is planning to use them for a myriad of fun 'adult' food campaigns. Now, if they could only come up with a machine that shuts down when adults line up!

• lukeMonday, September 28, 2015 at 9:11 am
    Yah its mean
    • pickles Thursday, September 10, 2015 at 6:27 am
      that is mean!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      • coolyo7777
        coolyo7777Tuesday, September 8, 2015 at 6:12 am
        i love double chocholate pie YUM
        • eggsta
          eggstaThursday, May 28, 2015 at 1:48 am
          That is unfair but still your parent could get an extra one for you if you were desperate
          • crcaplan
            crcaplanTuesday, September 8, 2015 at 12:07 pm
            I totally agree with you! Your parents could get you one just like you said.
          • kid600Saturday, May 9, 2015 at 5:04 pm
            I would just ask my dad to bring a extra pudding for me in the car
            • yo12345f
              yo12345fTuesday, April 21, 2015 at 1:49 pm
              That's not fair. It makes me want temptations pudding, but it is not for kids. It makes me wish I were an adult. Pudding is so good that it's a temptation to want temptations pudding! By Jell-o. I also can't believe it is free!
              • wildizy
                wildizyMonday, April 6, 2015 at 11:45 am
                those look so go but i guess its fair since i cant have dairy any wase atleast some of them i cant have
                • derpy_catWednesday, April 1, 2015 at 11:44 am
                  me want me some jello yum yum =0=0=0
                  • 2098348
                    2098348Tuesday, March 10, 2015 at 10:29 am
                    no fare
                    • JELLO LOVERFriday, February 27, 2015 at 12:07 pm
                      • emilysmile
                        emilysmileTuesday, May 19, 2015 at 10:52 am
                        That was me when I didn't have an account :)