Video Of The Week - Transit Of Venus

By Meera Dolasia on June 11, 2012

CCSS NAS-1 NAS-4 NCSS-7

On June 5th and 6th 2012, people all over the world had the rare opportunity to see Venus as it made its way around the sun. Unfortunately, thanks to foggy skies, time of occurrence or simply lack of the right equipment, many of us missed this once-in-a-lifetime event - One that will not take place again until 2117.

If you happen to be one of those unfortunate souls, here is a time-lapse video of the stunning images captured by the world's most advanced telescope - NASA's high-tech Solar Dynamics Observatory. The best part is that thanks to the 'time-lapse' the 6-hour, 40-minute event has been reduced to just over 3 minutes of the most glorious images.

Resources: NASA.gov

• mmmhmhmmmWednesday, May 7, 2014 at 8:22 am
    lol
    • lukebryanfan
      lukebryanfanTuesday, May 6, 2014 at 10:07 am
      I will be in heaven by 2117
      • bulldog5
        bulldog5Tuesday, February 25, 2014 at 10:08 am
        I am writing a newspaper article for this planet. I really liked it!
        • miller121903
          miller121903Friday, February 21, 2014 at 12:23 pm
          u meant 2016
          • bradFriday, January 31, 2014 at 9:21 am
            love it
            • I'm_too_lateTuesday, June 4, 2013 at 11:04 am
              How come soo many people got to see this. Now I have to wait until year 2117 :(
              • zedbra gamesTuesday, June 4, 2013 at 10:38 am
                what does lava feel like
                • yhjdmnbkcfcgvWednesday, May 15, 2013 at 5:52 am
                  i saw this yesterday
                  • yhjdmnbkcfcgvWednesday, May 15, 2013 at 5:52 am
                    cool
                    • guest3000Sunday, March 31, 2013 at 11:32 am
                      I'm glad I didn't have to try and live to be 1104 years old to see this again!