Video Of The Week- The Smart Bed That Makes Itself

By Kavi Dolasia on July 2, 2012

Word Search

Every kid and adult knows how hard and time-consuming it is to make one's bed. First you have to lift and fluff the pillows, then flatten the comforter and tuck it all the way to the top and last, but not least, place the pillows above. Whew! That's a lot of hard work early in the morning. What's worse is that within a few hours, it is rumpled all over again.

Now Spanish furniture company OHEA has finally come up with a smart bed - Simply hit a switch when you wake up and voila, your mom will think you spent hours making it all neat and tidy. For those too lazy to even hit a switch, there is an automatic mode that uses sensors to determine when the person has left and ensures that the bed is made up immediately!

Since the entire process takes a mere 50 seconds, it opens up a number of exciting possibilities - Like having time to eat breakfast maybe? The only unfortunate part is that the OHEA smart bed is not available in stores yet, but we have a feeling that day is not too far off!

Resources: Gizmag.com

VocabularyPlay Game

rumpled
  • evilchickennuggWednesday, March 9, 2016 at 7:01 pm
    Awesome cause im lazy like crazyyyyyyy
    • theonlyloki
      theonlylokiFriday, February 26, 2016 at 3:57 pm
      I agree with sweet panda
      • walton4
        walton4Friday, December 11, 2015 at 12:41 pm
        omg
        • tyFriday, April 24, 2015 at 9:49 am
          I want one of those!
          • sweetpanda
            sweetpandaSaturday, April 18, 2015 at 4:10 pm
            I totally agree with ginnypandas444.You have to see the problens with inventions so you can make something better.Duhh!!!
            • tree300
              tree300Tuesday, April 14, 2015 at 8:57 am
              ginnypandas444 why are you so negative about it? Just think of the possibilities: you can sleep in for a few minutes more, less responsibilities and more!
              • ginnypandas444
                ginnypandas444Wednesday, February 25, 2015 at 7:39 pm
                WOW. That's incredible. I want one of them because in the morning when I have to go to school it's such a rush to make my bed. Trouble is, nearly all awesome inventions are über expensive. But one thought: if you're still sleeping in the bed and someone accidentally presses the button, couldn't that hurt you? And can you change the sheets and pillowcases? If not, this is kind of lame because you're sleeping in dirty sheets right? And if you CAN switch the sheets, you can't use this bed while the sheets are washing, or it's just a bunch of robotic arms moving around aimlessly. OH, and one last thing: Can you feel the robotic arms that make the bed while you're asleep?!?!
                • cutecupcake2048
                  cutecupcake2048Saturday, January 3, 2015 at 6:12 pm
                  that is cool i hope i had one
                  • happypug12
                    happypug12Tuesday, September 30, 2014 at 5:59 am
                    Wow! I want one because people are always bugging me " Make your bed!" and I do not like making my bed. This is exactly what I need!
                    • ikyra_marie