Hitting The Snooze Button Too Often? Then You May Need One Of These!

By Meera Dolasia on January 26, 2013

CCSS NAS-6 NCSS-7 Word Search

Let's face it - Getting up for school at the ungodly hour of 6.00 or 7.00 am is tough, and ordinary alarm clocks are not much help either. Sure they may buzz or even play your favorite Taylor Swift or One DIrection song - But those lull you back into even sweeter dreams. So what's a kid to do? Fear not! These three ingenious inventions will help put a spring into your step - Literally!

Clocky And Tocky

If you are one of those people that like to begin the morning with a quick 'sprint' around your room, then you may want to invest in Clocky or its more modern wheel-less brother, Tocky. The two clocks look perfectly innocent when you first view them and are even, nice enough to let you have that first snooze - However, touch the button the second time and the motionless object will suddenly leap into action, jump off your bedside table and scurry away - While that may not bother you that much, what will, is the annoying noise it makes while running around the room! The only way to stop it? Catching it, which apparently, is not an easy task!

The brainchild of MIT student Gauri Nanda, Clocky the first of the two, was conceived as a classroom project for an industrial design class. In fact, Gauri had no intention of ever building a commercial product. However, the prototype that she built in three days, got so much attention, that she decided to set up her own company to manufacture and market this cool clock. As of October 2012, the company reported 500,000 users of Clocky. No word on how its sleeker, more expensive brother Tocky, is doing!

Not into a grueing sprint every morning? Then you may want to try out the  . . .

Ramos Clock

Inventor Paul Ramos wanted to create something that would literally force him to get out of bed and given that the Ramos clock is being described as the world's most exasperating clock, he seems to have succeeded. Available in three 'flavors' this alarm clock will keep ringing incessantly, until the owner punches in a code on the 'Defuse Panel' - A separate piece of equipment, that Paul recommends should kept as far from the alarm clock as possible. And the smart ones that try to unplug the alarm clock, will get no respite either! That's because the clock has an internal battery that will keep the annoying ringing going on for hours!

If none of these can get you out of bed than you have may have no choice but to resort to this last solution that can only be described as 'shocking'!

Good Morning Sing N Shock Clock

Not surprisingly, this slick alarm clock too, is the creation of yet another University student. 19-year old Sankalp Sinha, a student of automobile engineering in Uttar Pradesh, India needed a radical solution to help him stop missing class and since nothing else seemed to work, he invented one that administers the only thing that can get him out of bed - An electric shock!

As it's name indicates, the clock will begin by belting out your favorite tunes. However, the second you touch the snooze button, it will zap you with an electric shock, which according to the inventor is harmless, but strong enough to jolt you into action. And while the amount of shock can be adjusted to suit the individual's needs, it will never be strong enough to cause any kind of neurological damage.

The only drawback to the Sing N Shock clock is that it is still just in concept phase - But given the amount of publicity it is receiving, don't be surprised if you see it in a store near you, soon!

Resources: Odditycentral.com, huffingtonpost.com,

VocabularyPlay Game

brainchildequipmentexasperatinggrueingincessantlyingeniousjoltlullmotionlessneurologicalprototyperadicalrespitescurrysleekerslickungodlyuttar pradesh
  • EggstaMonday, July 27, 2015 at 1:12 am
    Don't need any of these I got chickens
    • cray-cray
      cray-crayWednesday, July 15, 2015 at 5:17 pm
      I want , but will not , clocky
      • cile
        cileTuesday, June 9, 2015 at 8:49 am
        WOW!
        • ishmoo
          ishmooThursday, June 4, 2015 at 11:59 am
          I NEED ONE SOOO BAD!!!!
          • hsgwshjbdthyfeMonday, June 1, 2015 at 7:09 pm
            i want one
            • saanvi
              saanviMonday, June 1, 2015 at 8:11 am
              I don't want any of thoose
              • nikukyu
                nikukyuThursday, April 30, 2015 at 3:31 am
                Every morning you have two choices: Continue to sleep with your dreams or wake up and chase them. At least that's what I think:)
                • crystalmori
                  crystalmoriSunday, May 3, 2015 at 2:00 pm
                  The way that I actually manage to get up is by thinking of all the fun things I want to do that day so I'll get excited!
                  • felicisowl
                    felicisowlThursday, April 30, 2015 at 6:28 pm
                    Very true lol :) My options are: (a) wake up as grumpily as possible, and head to school (b) wake up excitedly on the weekend because you have days of fun ahead of you (c) keep on snoozing until your mom comes into your bedroom and threatens to shut down your computer if you don't wake up right now and eat breakfast ;)
                    • bigmelo
                      bigmeloThursday, April 30, 2015 at 4:42 pm
                      *gasps* That's so beautiful, nikukyu. *starts to tear up*
                      • nataliatabile
                        nataliatabileThursday, April 30, 2015 at 4:10 pm
                        Whenever I set my alarm to 7 o'clock in the morning for school, it never works and it gets on my nerves!!!!!!!!
                        • crystalmori
                          crystalmoriThursday, April 30, 2015 at 11:23 pm
                          I set my alarm clock time as a half hour later than it really is, so it doesn't feel intimidating when I wake up so early, but it's still the same time. (I set my alarm for 7am, but it's actually 6:30)
                          • nikukyu
                            nikukyuSaturday, May 2, 2015 at 4:36 am
                            I'm that person who's really grumpy if she wakes up late. I set my alarm on 6:35. I CAN get roll out of my bed with no problem, but I usually just lie on the sofa... I'm not a morning person:P
                            • crystalmori
                              crystalmoriSunday, May 3, 2015 at 1:59 pm
                              I SO know that feeling! I set my alarm so that it rings at 6:30am, but I usually don't get up until 7:20 or so. Then I have to rush a bit to be on time, so all that running around wakes me up a bit. But then I still have to stay awake in class....
                              • felicisowl
                                felicisowlSunday, May 3, 2015 at 3:27 pm
                                Wait. You can't stay awake in class? *gasp* But there are so many wonderful things to learn and do in class! And I'm still like a little kid, I do have an alarm clock, but it's my mom who has to go, "WAKE UP!" I have a little alarm clock shaped like Chip from Beauty and the Beast - so cute and ironic at the same time, if you get what I mean.
                            • aphpiri
                              aphpiriFriday, May 1, 2015 at 11:45 am
                              I'm still in 5th and I have to wake up at 6:00!
                              • nataliatabile
                                nataliatabileFriday, May 1, 2015 at 4:04 pm
                                Well I'm in the 5th grade but unlike my friends I live 15 minutes away from my school when you drive. My friends live like 5 minutes away if they drive
                                • coolnicki477
                                  coolnicki477Sunday, May 3, 2015 at 3:20 pm
                                  So true:)
                        • cool orangeTuesday, April 28, 2015 at 12:20 pm
                          i hate alarm clocks period.
                          • ishmoo
                            ishmooThursday, June 4, 2015 at 12:11 pm
                            I really agree. I hate waking up in the morning.
                          • lolFriday, April 24, 2015 at 3:50 pm
                            i want to have one that says stuff like your awesome
                            • randomFriday, April 24, 2015 at 7:29 am