The Things We Do For Hannah Montana!
Listen to Article
What lengths would you go through to obtain tickets to a sold-out Hannah Montana concert besides paying $1,000 for the tickets?
We think this dad gets the award (and the tickets) for the most effort. Jody Powell hung on to a 12ft. statue of Hannah Montana for almost six days (and nights) to win tickets to a sold-out Hannah Montana concert in Tampa, Florida.
The competition, sponsored by a radio station in Florida, challenged the contestants to place a hand on a 400-pound statue of Hannah Montana. The person who lasted the longest was declared the winner.
Twelve contestants started the competition on Nov 8th. They were allowed to take 12-minute breaks every three hours and were given food and water. They were not allowed to listen to music, read books or talk on the cell phone.
By Wednesday, Nov 14th, only two contestants remained. By the afternoon, the other contestant became distracted and let go, making Jody the grand prize winner of four free tickets to the concert. He also won $5,000 and passes to go backstage to meet the star, which he shared with the other contestant. He did all this for his 7-year old stepdaughter who is also called Hannah. Way to go dad!
- songunicorn17over 1 yearOMG I DID NOT KNOW THIS ARTICLE EXISTED I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE HANNAH MONTANA EEEEEEK!!!!!!! THIS IS THE BEST ARTICLE EVER!!!!! The best of both worlds!!
- wolfiedreamabout 2 yearsDang that's a bit much, I wonder if Hannah even knows
- techfashion0315over 1 yearMaybe...I agree. Although, if it were for the Greatest Showman I would probably do the same. LOL!! 🤣
- gucciham22about 4 yearscool
- Hanna Montanaabout 4 yearsI love Hanna Montana! shes the best!!!
- KIMBERover 4 yearsI watch the show
- bbuover 4 yearsi agree with cool44 she isn't that good
- Demaover 4 yearsThose are expensive tickets
- cool44over 4 yearscool but weird how will pay that much LOL she isn't that good
- nicoleskyes32over 4 yearsyoo, that is soooo weird.
- thatredheadxdover 4 yearsYo, that is so weird.... holding on to a statue for about six days?! Not worth it.