Are you ready for some "Goosebumps"

269 Words 2-Minute Listen

R.L. Stine, author of the famous "Goosebumps" series was a pioneer of sorts - prior to him, authors had thought young kids (7-12) would be too scared to read horror stories. However, they were wrong - The "Goosebumps" series sold over 300 million copies, making R.L. Stine one of the most successful children's authors in history.

After publishing 87 books from 1992 to 1997, Stine decided to wrap the series up. But not before it had been translated into 32 different languages and made into a TV show which, was the no.1 kids show in the U.S. for three years in a row.

Now almost a decade later, R.L. Stine is back with a new series entitled "Goosebumps Horrorland", set inside an evil amusement park called "Horrorland". The first book starts with kids going into the park and encountering all sorts of horrifying attractions like quicksand beaches and bottomless canoes. Each book will be based on one character, with the stories continuing online at two different sites; www.enterhorroland.com and www.escapehorroland.com.

While R.L. Stine is best known for his horror books, he started his writing career as a writer of joke books under the name of Jovial Bob Stein. He then moved on to writing horror stories for teenagers. However, it is the "Goosebumps" series that made him really famous. Besides this series he is currently also working on another series called Rotten School - which is a funny 16-book series about the Rottenest School in the world.

Enjoy the two videos below - the first is an interview with R.L. Stine and the second a preview of his new Goosebumps series.

• cathulu2020
    cathulu2020Tuesday, August 25, 2020 at 7:40 am
    i love goosebumps even though it sometimes it gives me nightmares! my favourite goosebumps book is the ghost next door.
    • Goosebumps boyFriday, February 22, 2019 at 6:25 am
      Goosebumps is awesome I’m listening to it right now I already read the first one escape from Horrorland know I’m reading 2 I read a bunch already from horrorland I only have about 3 more. Sadly I read the last one 2 😖
      • helamMonday, January 14, 2019 at 11:26 am
        i love goosebumps 2!
        • groveThursday, November 15, 2018 at 8:15 am
          I thought he was younger + the kid sleeps with his mom is FUNNY!!!!!
          • ninjaMonday, October 29, 2018 at 5:04 pm
            goosebumps 2 was amazing. I can not stop reading the sloppy world.
            • Nari101Friday, October 26, 2018 at 2:33 pm
              i love RL. STINE he is the best
              • trapqueen30Wednesday, September 26, 2018 at 11:29 am
                this is weird but it has alot of history about R.LSTINE I love his books my favorite one is the night of the living dummy my brother and I love his movie goosebumps me and my brother always watch it HAPPY TRICK OR TREAT DRESS NICE HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!get me some likes.
                • trapqueen30Thursday, October 26, 2017 at 11:33 am
                  • majkninjaWednesday, April 26, 2017 at 9:57 am
                    soo cool I have one of his book and it is the five masks of DR. screem
                    • ciscodog26
                      ciscodog26Thursday, February 16, 2017 at 9:19 am
                      so cool. have you seen the movie.