Video Of The Week - Planet's Oldest Person Turns 115

By Meera Dolasia on April 13, 2009

Gertrude Baines, the Planet's oldest person celebrated her 115th birthday in Los Angeles, Calfornia on April 7th, in what was described a low-key party, with just some music, a cake and a few friends.

Ms. Baines earned the title in January of 2009, after Maria De Jesus from Portugal passed away at the age of 115.

Among the gifts, was an official proclamation of her new status from the Guinness Book of Records, as well as, a letter of congratulations from President Barack Obama.

We wish Ms. Baines our heartiest congratulations and hope to see a similar video next year!

• ajg14
    ajg14Wednesday, November 16, 2016 at 9:45 pm
    Cool
    • Awesome girlWednesday, September 9, 2015 at 10:11 am
      The oldest living person I thought was 125
      • Country GirlWednesday, March 18, 2015 at 6:58 am
        Actually the oldest person in the world is 136 yrs. old.
        • zombie girlMonday, March 16, 2015 at 12:19 pm
          My grandmother was just about to turn 115 but she passed. 😭
          • zombie girlMonday, March 16, 2015 at 12:15 pm
            I was expecting it too be 120 or something!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
            • zombie girlMonday, March 16, 2015 at 12:13 pm
              Hek! I dont think thats that old
              • panchito2003
                panchito2003Monday, March 2, 2015 at 9:04 am
                My grand grand mother is still alive and she is 114
                • monkeyinatux
                  monkeyinatuxFriday, December 5, 2014 at 10:56 am
                  my granpa is 98 i bet he will break the record.
                  • bearbear
                    bearbearWednesday, December 3, 2014 at 2:33 pm
                    my grand grand mother was 102 years old. But she passed away. If she was still alive, maybe she broke the record!
                    • nikukyu
                      nikukyuWednesday, November 19, 2014 at 11:21 pm
                      My grandma is 96 but's still on a roll! Go grandma!