Nick Vujicic - An Extraordinary Human Being
Listen to Article
When Nick Vujicic arrived in this world, he was relatively healthy - except for the fact that his limbs were missing! Born with a rare disorder called Tetra-Amelia, he had no arms and no legs - just one foot with two toes that protruded directly from his left thigh.
His parents, both devout Christians were devastated , but determine to give this otherwise normal child a chance at a normal life. When he was just 18 months old, his father encourage him to swim. He also taught him how to type on the computer keyboard using his toe. A special plastic device that slid between his toes helped him to hold on to a pencil and 'write' at school.
However, Nick's life outside his home was not that easy. Teased and bullied by his peers, he often came home really despondent about his life. Then one day, when he was 13, his mother showed him an article about a severely disabled man who was trying to live a normal life, against all odds.
Realizing there were other people that were in worse shape then him, Nick stopped feeling sorry for himself and began to face all challenges head on. He not only graduated from college with a double major in Accounting and Financial Planning, but also established a non-profit organization called Life Without Limbs, for people with disabilities.
And that is not all - Along the way he also picked up some sports skills. He can swim, play golf and even do a 360-degree spin on a surfboard thanks to surfing master Bethany Hamilton.
The 26-year old who now resides in Los Angeles, spends his time traveling and giving motivational speeches to disabled people all over the world. He believes that if he can make a difference in just one person's life, his will have accomplished his mission. So the next time you are feeling a little sorry for yourself think about Nick and the obstacles he has overcome!
sources: wikipedia.org, dailymail.co.uk
Learn Keywords in this Article
- mouse9996over 1 yearHe has an amazing story. I am glad he had parents who helped him along the way.
- sealgirlalmost 3 yearswhen i saw that little girl giving him a hug, i cried for DAYS
- JazmineSobliereover 3 yearshes great with out arms and legs
- BADBOYover 3 yearsVery insperational i read a book about him
- #CRAZYB52over 3 yearsI love how he said he was tired of his life without limbs and was bullied but when he got older he relized how special he was that's what I like.
- chimichanga1234over 3 yearsAmazing
- what-am-iover 3 yearsimagine if he got prosthetic arms an/or legs!!!!!
- YEETNESSover 3 yearsWOW what a story
- BIOSNW Walmost 4 yearsWOW WOW I CANT BELIEVE IT
- sketchysketcherabout 4 yearsi love the way he spoke out to the world. he is os inspiring