Lucky Toddler Gets 'Trapped' Inside A Candy Machine

316 Words 3-Minute Listen

Imagine being trapped inside an arcade machine filled with toys and candy - Impossible? Think again! That's exactly what happened to little Cohen Stone, except the toddler was too young to take advantage of it, the way we all would have!

The incident happened about two weeks ago at the Sienna restaurant in Perth, Australia, where Cohen was attending a birthday party with his mother, Kyra. Like a typical toddler, Cohen wandered off in search of an adventure, the minute his mother turned around.

However, in his case the adventure ended with him being trapped inside an arcade machine! Nobody is sure how he got in - The only possibility is the machine's hatch (pictured below) or magic? Not surpringly, poor Kyra panicked when she looked around only to find her son grinning at her from behind the glass of the machine.

Diners, workers and even the chef tried to get Cohen out, but nobody could figure out an opening big enough. The restaurant owner than rushed to get the keys to the machine, but none of the ones she had, fit the key hole. They even called the machine owner, but did not get much help.

In order to 'distract' Cohen so that he would not panic, Kyra encouraged him to have a lollipop or two and play with the toys - The toddler of course obliged!

Finally, someone had the idea of calling a locksmith, who managed to pry the door open and release the toddler from his 'torture' chamber!

While the whole incident took about 45 minutes, to Kyra, it seemed like an eternity, something she is not likely to forget in the near future. The restaurant, which plans to return the machine to the vendor, gave Kyra a voucher for $60 USD for her ordeal, which she plans to use soon . . . . . this time without little Cohen in tow.

sources:dailytelegraph.coma.au, dailymail.co.uk

• darklight_rp
    darklight_rpWednesday, July 14, 2021 at 6:22 am
    WOW!!! Poor mother of his, she must have been frightened. Lucky kid though!
    • fizzyizzy948
      fizzyizzy948Wednesday, May 5, 2021 at 10:24 am
      I would've done that once.. if it wasn't for my parents.. thank goodness I didn't though..
      • cupcakekitty8
        cupcakekitty8Wednesday, May 5, 2021 at 9:58 am
        Omg Haha I have a candy stash and I’m running out of candy so If I was that boy I would’ve filled my pockets and ate all of the extras!!!!
        • gaurdain
          gaurdainTuesday, May 4, 2021 at 7:07 pm
          Hahahahahaha soooo lucky 🍀
          • kittylover111
            kittylover111Friday, February 26, 2021 at 9:08 am
            Super lucky! He could have gotten hurt! But, personally, I love candy . . .
            • tiger_space
              tiger_spaceMonday, November 30, 2020 at 8:22 am
              That kid is so lucky! I would eat all the candy, AND take some toys home...
              • chocolk
                chocolkMonday, November 23, 2020 at 9:53 am
                I would have definitely eaten all that candy in a few moments. Don't blame me sometimes I just cant help myself. lol 😂
                • pinklilcow
                  pinklilcowThursday, November 19, 2020 at 9:25 am
                  Lucky i am gonna do that when i see one i have one in my basement!🍭🍡🍫🧁🍩
                  • gold3nglare
                    gold3nglareThursday, November 19, 2020 at 9:21 am
                    I saw that on the news!
                    • kotlcfitzphie12
                      kotlcfitzphie12Monday, November 9, 2020 at 12:14 pm
                      This is so cool! But I think I'd have eaten all the candy in 45 mins.