Lucky Toddler Gets 'Trapped' Inside A Candy Machine

316 Words 3-Minute Listen

Imagine being trapped inside an arcade machine filled with toys and candy - Impossible? Think again! That's exactly what happened to little Cohen Stone, except the toddler was too young to take advantage of it, the way we all would have!

The incident happened about two weeks ago at the Sienna restaurant in Perth, Australia, where Cohen was attending a birthday party with his mother, Kyra. Like a typical toddler, Cohen wandered off in search of an adventure, the minute his mother turned around.

However, in his case the adventure ended with him being trapped inside an arcade machine! Nobody is sure how he got in - The only possibility is the machine's hatch (pictured below) or magic? Not surpringly, poor Kyra panicked when she looked around only to find her son grinning at her from behind the glass of the machine.

Diners, workers and even the chef tried to get Cohen out, but nobody could figure out an opening big enough. The restaurant owner than rushed to get the keys to the machine, but none of the ones she had, fit the key hole. They even called the machine owner, but did not get much help.

In order to 'distract' Cohen so that he would not panic, Kyra encouraged him to have a lollipop or two and play with the toys - The toddler of course obliged!

Finally, someone had the idea of calling a locksmith, who managed to pry the door open and release the toddler from his 'torture' chamber!

While the whole incident took about 45 minutes, to Kyra, it seemed like an eternity, something she is not likely to forget in the near future. The restaurant, which plans to return the machine to the vendor, gave Kyra a voucher for $60 USD for her ordeal, which she plans to use soon . . . . . this time without little Cohen in tow.

sources:dailytelegraph.coma.au, dailymail.co.uk

• kittylover111
    kittylover111Friday, February 26, 2021 at 9:08 am
    Super lucky! He could have gotten hurt! But, personally, I love candy . . .
    • tiger_space
      tiger_spaceMonday, November 30, 2020 at 8:22 am
      That kid is so lucky! I would eat all the candy, AND take some toys home...
      • chocolk
        chocolkMonday, November 23, 2020 at 9:53 am
        I would have definitely eaten all that candy in a few moments. Don't blame me sometimes I just cant help myself. lol 😂
        • peachy_vsco
          peachy_vscoThursday, November 19, 2020 at 9:25 am
          Lucky i am gonna do that when i see one i have one in my basement!🍭🍡🍫🧁🍩
          • gold3nglare
            gold3nglareThursday, November 19, 2020 at 9:21 am
            I saw that on the news!
            • kotlcfitzphie12
              kotlcfitzphie12Monday, November 9, 2020 at 12:14 pm
              This is so cool! But I think I'd have eaten all the candy in 45 mins.
              • noiwantthecandy
                noiwantthecandyThursday, November 5, 2020 at 10:00 am
                If I where there I would just sit there and eat those lollies. I wouldn't even leave if they made me.
                • meow_meowka
                  meow_meowkaFriday, August 14, 2020 at 1:32 pm
                  If I were stuck in a machine I'd scream unless the toys are cat themed. I wonder if the kid ate like 20 lollipops instead of one.
                  • frenchie_friend
                    frenchie_friendThursday, August 13, 2020 at 3:16 pm
                    If I were that kid I would even care how long it took I would be preoccupied with the LOLLIES AND TOYS.😂😀
                    • bethink
                      bethinkThursday, August 13, 2020 at 8:12 am
                      Wow,I wonder how much candy that little kid ate🍬🍭🍫