Candy Couture Takes Center Stage At NYC Fashion's Night Out
Listen to Article
On Friday September 10th, over 100 cities across the globe will participate in the 2nd annual Fashion's Night Out, a global initiative to promote retail shopping and celebrate fashion. Organized by Vogue Magazine and the Council of Fashion Designers of America, the event involves not only late night shopping, but also, celebrity appearances and fashion shows.
While all the cities have fun events planned, the best action remains in New York, where it all began. This year's celebrity appearances range from entertainers like Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen and Sean 'Diddy' Combs, to tennis pro Maria Sharapova and Food Network diva, Rachel Ray.
While there will be many fashion shows, one of the most unusual ones is guaranteed to be the Dylan's Candy Couture contest. Organized by retailer Dylan's Candy Bar, it will showcase fashion designs by six student designers from the Savannah College of Art and Design.
And, since it is being sponsored by a candy company, the one-of-a-kind designs have to be inspired by candy and, . . . . . . Made almost entirely from candy too!
While Dylan's will not let you take a bite from the couture, they will allow you to help vote for the best dress. Simply click here and vote for one of the following amazing creations - Jolly Ranchero, I-Candy, Candiva, Jawbreaker, Taffy Blossom and Fashion Fringe.
If you are in New York City, you can view the fashion show at the Dylan's Candy Bar, Fashion's Night Out Event and find out who wins this fun contest - YUM!
Sources: Twixt and Between, Dylanscandybar, nitrolicious.com
- emojigirlover 7 yearsThe only dress i thought was weird was the airhead circle belly thing...
- princesszover 7 yearscreative
- cute503almost 8 yearsi love it that's so cute how you make that candy dress!
- cute121almost 8 yearsthe dress were ugly but the candy look good
- A. dogalmost 8 yearsMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM! It looks so yummy and beutiful at the same time!
- A. dogalmost 8 yearsMMM! It looks so yummy and beutiful!
- saraalmost 8 yearsi want one because wean i gut hungrey i can eat some
- puppieloveabout 8 yearsThose dress are cute
- So Cute
- katlover98about 8 yearsMy favorite dress was the third one
- ry-ryabout 8 yearsepic this is so cool