Video Of The Week - World's Youngest Successful Singer!

188 Words 2-Minute Listen

To say Cleopatra Stratan is extraordinary, is an understatement. The 8-year old performer is not only the youngest person to ever achieve commercial success with an album recorded when she was just 3, but also, the youngest person to win an MTV award, to hold a live 2-hour concert in front of a large audience and, to score a #1 hit in a country!

The Moldavian singer's music career started quite accidently. While hanging out at the recording studio of her singer father, Paval Stratan, she impulsively picked up the microphone and started to sing along with him. She sounded so good, that the studio decided to record an entire album with just her songs.The rest, as they say, is history. Within four months, the then three-year old had sold 150,000 copies and crawled her way into the record books!

Cleopatra hasn't looked back since. She has continued recording hits, which have been translated into Spanish and English and even, launched a look-alike doll that costs a whopping $70USD. In the video below, watch the English version of this amazing singer's biggest hit, Ghita.

Resources: worldrecordsacademy.org,wikipedia.org

2002 Comments
  • unicorn87
    unicorn87Friday, February 12, 2021 at 9:50 am
    woow! so talented
    • nessr12345
      nessr12345Thursday, February 11, 2021 at 11:52 am
      soooooooooo cute i can sing okay but not that good. wow....... just......wow!
      • prettygurll
        prettygurllThursday, February 11, 2021 at 9:32 am
        I can't even sing and she is like 7 years older than me!!! Lol so talented
        • pusheenicorn
          pusheenicornWednesday, February 10, 2021 at 6:09 pm
          how is she doing this?! I mean.. She is FAMOUS now. That is big. Just. Wow. My singing now is okay 😇 but me at HER AGE?! (Me: 👩‍🎤 Others: 😩)
          • thesmessywriter
            thesmessywriterWednesday, February 10, 2021 at 4:54 pm
            wow i wish i was that talented! she so cute
            • roxanne3
              roxanne3Wednesday, February 10, 2021 at 2:43 pm
              Wow she is now 18- just looked her up. Her voice is still great I just sadly cannot understand the words....
              • kittyluvskookie
                kittyluvskookieMonday, March 15, 2021 at 5:59 am
                I agree! Shes amazing
              • look_my_styse77
                look_my_styse77Wednesday, February 10, 2021 at 12:02 pm
                She's sooooooo cute and talented, LOL. Hopefully I get to meet her one day because she is definitely going to be insanely successful in life.
                • tacolover228
                  tacolover228Wednesday, February 10, 2021 at 11:29 am
                  AWWWWW Very Cute
                  • gold3nglare
                    gold3nglareWednesday, February 10, 2021 at 10:02 am
                    Aw so cute! She's so talented
                    • rosiebear
                      rosiebearWednesday, October 21, 2020 at 3:27 pm
                      Wow I cannot believe that that is so unbelievable man I wish I was that good what do you guys think I still do NOT believe that!