The Competition For Title Of 'World's Smallest Dog' Heats Up!
Listen to Article
Getting into the Guinness World Records is not easy. But never has the competition been so fierce as the current one faced by these small pooches - All vying for the coveted title of 'World's Smallest Dog'.
First came Beyonce - Born in March 2012, the female Dachshund mix dog that weighed a mere ounce when born was so tiny that she could fit on a spoon. The puppy had to be bottle fed every hour on the hour because she could only take in a little food at time. While Beyonce is now healthy she is not expected to grow beyond 1.5 pounds and was thought to be a very possible contender for the prestigious title. The owner even sent in a fast track application to the Guinness Book of Records to try claim the title for Beyonce. However, the officials would not consider it until she turned one, the age at which dogs are considered 'fully grown'.
But before Beyonce reached that magic number, there came news of another contender, Milly. The Puerto Rican Chihuahua, that is older than Beyonce by a few months, was so tiny when born that she had to be fed with an eyedropper and at three months had only grown three inches tall.
And, the saga does not end there - In July 2012 along came news of another even tinier pooch from Jarocin, Poland. Weighing just 1.58 ounces when born, tiny Meysi was so frail that her owner, Anna Pohl had to feed her with a syringe every half hour, day and night, a routine that was so exhausting that she sometimes skipped work to try get some shut eye.
Of course, all three have to still compete with the current title holder, six year old Chihuahua, Boo Boo, who is just 4 inches tall and weighs a mere 1.5 pounds! So stay tuned to see which of these tiny cute pooches will win the coveted Guinness title - That is, if no other even tinier pooch appears from left field!
Resources: abcnews.go.com, nydailynews.com
Learn Keywords in this Article
- nicolettemurphy11 monthsOMG, that is such a cute puppy I have a chihuahua like that, and mine is called Tito not the drink Tito but the puppy!!!!!
- alivia1about 1 yearOmg so cute!!
- cookiequeen122about 1 yearOMG I LOVE IT
- songunicorn17over 1 yearWhat a cutie I wanna eat you up like a hotdog jk!
- dream_beyondalmost 2 yearsSUPER DUPER tiny!
- alphawolf13almost 2 yearsThis is making me think my dog is fat. LOL.
- 7109714jbover 2 yearsI betcha my dog, a mix between a Chihuahua and a Pekingese will be world's smallest dog in the future. He weighs 10 pounds. So tiny!
- glossierhazelalmost 2 yearsI highly doubt that 10 pounds isnt even tiny-
- weirdisgood2023over 2 yearsAwww...total cuteness!! 🥰
- staygoldenover 2 yearsI Love dogs there so cute my favourite breed is dachshunds if you want to see some good books movies and shows to watch please follow me 😀
- bookfan2009almost 3 yearsAdorble! Dogs are so cute, right?
- alivia1about 1 yearAre you kidding they are so cute