Create Art While Riding Your Bike Or Scooter
Listen to Article
If you love riding your bike or scooter and drawing you are going to be thrilled with this new invention, that allows you to do both - Simultaneously! Aptly called Chalktrail, it is the brainchild of Bellingham, WA resident Scott Baumann, whose 'aha' moment came about five years ago, when he was saw his kids and their friends constantly getting off their bikes to create chalk drawings.
Thinking there had to be an easier and fun way to do both, he created his first prototype by cutting a hula hoop into half. He attached one end to the seat post of his daughter's bike and left the other dangling, with a piece of sidewalk chalk attached to it. Sure enough, it worked like a charm and soon every kid in the neighborhood was clamoring to get one.
Convinced he had created something that kids would love, Mr. Baumann began working on a better, more practical design. The final version of Chalktrail resembles a flexible wishbone that clamps onto the rear wheel of a bike or scooter at one end and holds a stick of sidewalk chalk on the other. It is so easy to attach to the bike that kids can do it themselves in a matter of seconds.
Mr. Baumann is currently in talks with a toy company to help him manufacture the millions that he believes will be needed for kids and those that are still kids at heart, for believe it or not, Chalktrail works on adult bikes too! However, before you despair, the magical toy which is estimated to retail at $19.99 USD for bikes and $14.99 for scooters, will be available just in time, to make a perfect stocking stuffer for Christmas!
Chalktrail - miles of creative colorful fun! from Procreate on Vimeo.
Learn Keywords in this Article
- bscabout 2 yearsThis would be so cool!
- awesome fishover 4 yearsthis is soooo cool i want this soooo bad
- aaover 4 yearsWhatever I can just add a pole to my bike.
- smokeythecatover 4 yearsI love to draw! And ride my scooter so this would be fun.
- coolcatover 4 yearsi want this sooooooo bad.
- smartfoxover 4 yearsThat’s really cool!
- spykittenalmost 5 yearsCool!
- keastytravisalmost 5 yearsnice
- xxxtentacionripabout 5 yearsThis is cool
- piolomrdoodle20about 5 yearsWOWWWWWW, I would like to buy this. I think this is a way for artists to play outside and have fun drawing/making art. Overall I think this is pretty cool.