The $1.9 Million Ferrari Look-Alike That Rides Like A Bicycle
Listen to Article
At first glance the two-seater Fahrradi Farfall FFX complete with its sleek red exterior looks like a next generation Ferrari. Look closer and you will see a difference - Instead of the luxury car's powerful V12 engine and super sophisticated dashboard technology, you will find an ordinary bicycle with 11 gears.
The ultimate camouflage is the brainchild of Austrian designer Hannes Langeder, who rose to fame in 2010, after revealing the world's first 'eco' luxury car - The pedal-powered Porsche look alike Ferdinand GT3RS. His latest endeavor that took a year to build, is made from a combination of lightweight steel and plastic resulting in a car that weighs a mere 220 lbs.
Despite that fact that the car is completely pedal powered, the designer claims that thanks to its butterfly inspired gull-wing doors, it could do what even a Ferrari with a powerful engine cannot - lift off the ground and fly! The only caveat of course, is that the cyclist has to be strong enough to be able to ride it that fast!
While the car, which is road legal in Austria and can even be driven at night thanks to its 200 powerful LED lights, may not have the Ferrari's engineering prowess, it does have its eye-popping price - $1.9mm USD!
As for the exotic name? Fahrradi means bicycle in German and Farfall is adopted from the Italian word Farfalle, which means, butterfly!
For those interested in buying this eco-friendly car, the Fahrradi Farfall FFX is being showcased at the automotive exhibition in LENTOS Museum in Linz, Austria. The only question in our mind is where would one ride this hybrid vehicle - The car or bike lane? hmmm . . . . .
Resources: dailymail.co.uk, thephuketnews.com, metro.co,uk
Learn Keywords in this Article
- basketballanime12 monthsWow so Fake haha! still really cool
- adroit_avimimusabout 1 yearPretty unresourceful. . but pretty interesting
- leiker1414over 2 yearsThat looks so FAKE
- augyalmost 3 yearsit looks so cool but when it went up the walls it was so fake
- hialmost 4 yearswhat is that ? who would spend their money on that.
- whao almost 4 yearswho would spend the money for nothing
- broabout 4 yearscool looking but slow
- bro spiderover 4 yearsnot good
- ZachAGodover 4 yearsIt looks so bad and is so slow!
- jessielangover 4 yearsi'd rather a a bike that looks like a moterbike.... it'd be less confusing...