Video Of The Week - Transit Of Venus
Listen to Article
On June 5th and 6th 2012, people all over the world had the rare opportunity to see Venus as it made its way around the sun. Unfortunately, thanks to foggy skies, time of occurrence or simply lack of the right equipment, many of us missed this once-in-a-lifetime event - One that will not take place again until 2117.
If you happen to be one of those unfortunate souls, here is a time-lapse video of the stunning images captured by the world's most advanced telescope - NASA's high-tech Solar Dynamics Observatory. The best part is that thanks to the 'time-lapse' the 6-hour, 40-minute event has been reduced to just over 3 minutes of the most glorious images.
- Addisonover 6 yearsThis is 😎🙀🙊🙉
- Kaelynnover 7 yearsSO COOL!!! too bad i wont be able to see the actual thing... =P
- mmmhmhmmmabout 9 yearslol
- lukebryanfanabout 9 yearsI will be in heaven by 2117
- bulldog5over 9 yearsI am writing a newspaper article for this planet. I really liked it!
- miller121903over 9 yearsu meant 2016
- bradover 9 yearslove it
- I'm_too_lateabout 10 yearsHow come soo many people got to see this. Now I have to wait until year 2117 :(
- zedbra gamesabout 10 yearswhat does lava feel like
- yhjdmnbkcfcgvabout 10 yearsi saw this yesterday