Hitting The Snooze Button Too Often? Then You May Need One Of These!
Listen to Article
Let's face it - Getting up for school at the ungodly hour of 6.00 or 7.00 am is tough, and ordinary alarm clocks are not much help either. Sure they may buzz or even play your favorite Taylor Swift or One DIrection song - But those lull you back into even sweeter dreams. So what's a kid to do? Fear not! These three ingenious inventions will help put a spring into your step - Literally!
Clocky And Tocky
If you are one of those people that like to begin the morning with a quick 'sprint' around your room, then you may want to invest in Clocky or its more modern wheel-less brother, Tocky. The two clocks look perfectly innocent when you first view them and are even, nice enough to let you have that first snooze - However, touch the button the second time and the motionless object will suddenly leap into action, jump off your bedside table and scurry away - While that may not bother you that much, what will, is the annoying noise it makes while running around the room! The only way to stop it? Catching it, which apparently, is not an easy task!
The brainchild of MIT student Gauri Nanda, Clocky the first of the two, was conceived as a classroom project for an industrial design class. In fact, Gauri had no intention of ever building a commercial product. However, the prototype that she built in three days, got so much attention, that she decided to set up her own company to manufacture and market this cool clock. As of October 2012, the company reported 500,000 users of Clocky. No word on how its sleeker, more expensive brother Tocky, is doing!
Not into a grueing sprint every morning? Then you may want to try out the . . .
Inventor Paul Ramos wanted to create something that would literally force him to get out of bed and given that the Ramos clock is being described as the world's most exasperating clock, he seems to have succeeded. Available in three 'flavors' this alarm clock will keep ringing incessantly, until the owner punches in a code on the 'Defuse Panel' - A separate piece of equipment, that Paul recommends should kept as far from the alarm clock as possible. And the smart ones that try to unplug the alarm clock, will get no respite either! That's because the clock has an internal battery that will keep the annoying ringing going on for hours!
If none of these can get you out of bed than you have may have no choice but to resort to this last solution that can only be described as 'shocking'!
Good Morning Sing N Shock Clock
Not surprisingly, this slick alarm clock too, is the creation of yet another University student. 19-year old Sankalp Sinha, a student of automobile engineering in Uttar Pradesh, India needed a radical solution to help him stop missing class and since nothing else seemed to work, he invented one that administers the only thing that can get him out of bed - An electric shock!
As it's name indicates, the clock will begin by belting out your favorite tunes. However, the second you touch the snooze button, it will zap you with an electric shock, which according to the inventor is harmless, but strong enough to jolt you into action. And while the amount of shock can be adjusted to suit the individual's needs, it will never be strong enough to cause any kind of neurological damage.
The only drawback to the Sing N Shock clock is that it is still just in concept phase - But given the amount of publicity it is receiving, don't be surprised if you see it in a store near you, soon!
Resources: Odditycentral.com, huffingtonpost.com,
Learn Keywords in this Article
- adroit_avimimus7 monthsOhhh sweet! What's really cool is that the prototype was built in 3 days! That's quick! If I had it though, I'd probably lose it in my room haha!
- deafgirlhistory7 monthsOh wow! I`m 99% morning person just like my dad, lol, and also i`m 1% night person, because i sometimes stay wake until 11 or 10 in night!
- ravenwingabout 1 yearI'd loose it instantly
- newsreader277about 1 yearI'd proboboly break it, sorry but not for me
- You sound like my sister! 😂 She would have said something like that too. (And she would probably break it!)
- bscabout 1 yearHaha, this is awesome! I feel like I know some people who could use this...
- I am one of those people! (And my dad!)
- unknown_user13over 1 yearI wake up late on weekends. I hate Mondays!
- I do too! I have to wake up at 7:00 sharp on weekdays. Augh!
- A Dudealmost 4 yearsOr you could place your alarm-clock out of reach, causing you to have to get out of bed to turn it off.
- Cool catalmost 4 yearsCall me teachers pet ( which I'm not!!!) But I have no trouble getting up. I usually wake up at 6am. Don't ask me how!!! It kind of weird, while my class mates usually have bags under their eyes from sleeping late, I look really refreshed in the mornings. Anyway my mom has a saying. "If thou sleep late dump a bucket of cold water on thou head" trust me she does that.
- superdancegirlabout 2 yearsWow I wake up at like 7
- mabout 4 yearswow
- Music.ly Muser over 4 yearslove the pitcher of the litte boy