Creative Photographer Fulfills Young Boy's Wish To Experience Life's Simple Pleasures
Listen to Article
Most of us take jumping onto a skateboard, shooting hoops or flying a kite, for granted. But for 12-year old Luka, anything beyond moving a limb or two, is just wishful thinking. That's because the young boy suffers from muscular dystrophy, a degenerative disease that confines him to a wheelchair.
But like any other young boy, Luka has always dreamt about being able to do these activities, a fact that he happened to mention to his school psychologist Matej Pelihan, in Ljubljana, Slovenia.
Though at first it seemed like an impossible dream, Pelihan who also happens to be an award-winning photographer, thought about it some more, and the idea of this heartwarming series of photographs or dreamscapes that he likes to call 'The Little Prince', began to take shape.
What's amazing is that the talented cameraman did not use Photoshop to manipulate the images. Instead, he made the young boy lay on the ground in the various positions and snapped the photos from above.
Needless to say, Luka is thrilled. Though he will never be able to experience any of these activities, now he at least knows how cool he would look.
Muscular dystrophy is a group of muscle diseases that slowly but surely weaken the musculoskeletal system. There are many forms, and while some are not as destructive, others leave the patient weak and unable to fend for themselves. While the inherited disease seems to appear largely in boys, girls too, are susceptible. What is unfortunate is that so far, researchers have been unable to find a cure.
Resources: huffingtonpost.com, today.com
Learn Keywords in this Article
- Alyssa mosesabout 6 yearsThis so sad he has really big dreams.
- Who are you about 6 yearsThis is sad
- Ugly God about 6 yearsSad
- Hiabout 6 yearsHis dreams are bright
- Fried chicken 🐓about 6 yearsHey that's pretty good 👮🏻🔫👨🏿🚬💊💰🖍
- Kaitlynabout 6 yearsI loved it
- yellow43528over 6 yearsI think this is a heartwarming story about a young boy with a hard time how has a dream.
- plooshyover 7 years:(
- pickleannaalmost 8 yearshe is very skinny this is very sad!
- trapqueenabout 8 yearslol