Video Of The Week - KLM's Detective Beagle May Be A Marketing Stunt But It Sure Is Cute!
Listen to Article
On September 23rd, 2014, Dutch airline KLM released a YouTube video that made everyone who saw it, wish they could travel on the airline, and forget a possession or two. That's because the short clip depicted a cute beagle aptly named "Sherlock", as the newest and most efficient member of the airline's lost and found service.
The heart-melting video that showed the dog sniffing at the forgotten objects and then rushing out to deliver them to the rightful owners, became an instant viral sensation, with most people believing that Sherlock was an actual "employee" of the airline.
However, a few days later the truth was revealed. Turns out that the beagle detective is just a clever advertising ploy, concocted by New York-based DDB & Tribal, to demonstrate the effectiveness of KLM's human lost and found team, in tracking down passengers that leave things in the airplanes. While that is certainly disappointing, it hasn't deterred the video's popularity, which has been watched over 12 million times, in the last three weeks!
Learn Keywords in this Article
- coolkidover 4 yearsawesome
- SOS almost 5 yearsI almost cried
- yunnie2005about 5 years<3 if i ever lost something i would just hug him
- dog lover about 5 yearsI have 8 police dogs and 4 cats. the dogs look the same
- laxbro2023about 5 yearsthat dog is super fast better watch out!
- navyalligatoabout 5 yearsi have a dog aswell so cuuuuuuuuuuuuuute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- mistycabout 5 yearsHe is absolutely adorable!!!! It really s a shame he's just a marketing stunt. *sigh*
- valentinaomgover 5 yearsOMG that dog is so cute!!!😍🐕
- pandalover26over 5 yearsThat beagle is so cute 😍
- beagle loverover 5 yearsomg that is so cute it looks like my dog! I love the part when he little boy hugs the dog!