Prank Proves That Being A Mum Is Truly The 'World's Toughest Job'!
Listen to Article
The listing for the 'Director of Operations' position advertised online and in national newspapers by Rehtom Inc., sounded like a really hard charging corporate job. Candidates were required to have a PhD in psychology or real-life equivalent, crisis management skills, the ability to juggle a minimum of 10-15 projects at any given time, and work unlimited number of hours per week.
Not surprisingly, after receiving over 2.7 million views, the application drew in just 24 candidates. During the interviews, which were conducted via video conference and Skype, the innocent job seekers were stunned to hear the additional demands of the job. The clincher came when the interviewer revealed that the position paid nothing!
While some just laughed in disbelief, others responded with more descriptive adjectives like 'insane' and 'inhumane'. It was only at the end of each session, that the interviewer revealed that the job he had been describing was one performed by millions of women all over the world - Mothers!
Even after realizing they had been hoaxed, the applicants did not seem to be upset, and actually smiled in agreement with the interviewer. And in case you are wondering what Rehtom stands for, it is just 'mother' spelt backwards.
The fun prank was the brainchild of Boston-based advertising agency Mullen, who were hired to come up with a Mother's Day campaign for card manufacturer, American Greetings. After mulling over several ideas, the creative team settled on this one, which was suggested by one of their writers who had just spent a weekend visiting her brother and sis-in-law and observed the demands of motherhood, firsthand!
Turns out that the applicants are not the only ones that can relate to how hard mothers work. Since the video was added to the Card store's YouTube channel about three weeks ago, over 17 million people have viewed it and the numbers are only increasing. In case you are not amongst them, take a look so that you are able to see for yourself what this always cheerful hardworking woman does for you, every single day! Oh, and don't forget to tell her how much you appreciate her not just today, but every single day!
Happy Mother's Day!
Learn Keywords in this Article
- s679617over 6 yearsA mother is truly the hardest job ever, all the boys in school say "Guys work harder then girls and do all the tough stuff" but no they are wrong girls have to give birth to children, care for them and all that stuff! But at the end a child makes you laugh,smile,and make you happy knowing that your little girl/boy loves you! The greatest thing in the world to a mother is there child, and yes some mothers who aren't loving and who abuse there children. But next time you say "I hate you!" to your mother think about it because she cleans and cares for you! So next time say "I love you mom!" :)
- s679563over 6 yearsthat was lovly
- Lolaover 6 yearsMy mom is AWESOME!
- prim_roseabout 7 yearssounds cool
- skydragonabout 7 yearsMy mom is so awesome
- stubby:)about 7 yearsi write weird things that don't make sense:):):):):
- puppy1about 7 yearsWow! I will never be mean to my mom again.
- Girl_Powerover 7 yearsOMG
- Love 21over 7 yearsI cried😢
- smartpup123over 7 yearslove you mom!