Video Of The Week - Jetman Yves Rossy Flies Alongside World's Largest Passenger Plane
Listen to Article
A few months ago Yves Rossy and his protégé Vince Reffet became the first humans to fly in a formation using Rossy's world-famous jet propelled wings. Now the adventures have upped the ante with a heart-stopping flight alongside the world's largest commercial airplane - The Airbus A380!
The trip that was carefully orchestrated with the help of United Arab Emirates Airline officials began with Rossy and Reffet being launched from a helicopter at an altitude of 5,500 feet. The two then gracefully "flew' to join the large airplane that was flying over the beautiful city of Dubai at 4,000 feet. The duo conducted flight formations on both sides of the aircraft and then came together on one side before breaking away and flying to safety.
Though the daredevils make it look easy, controlling the wings with just body movements is not for the faint of heart especially when one is flying so close to a massive aircraft. But thanks to some meticulous planning and Rossy and Reffet's incredible flying skills, the stunt went flawlessly!
Resources: gizmag.com, jetman.com
Learn Keywords in this Article
- i love airplanes
- airplaneman1over 2 yearsi love planes so much. I have like 20 model planes
- cessna340over 4 yearsi love airplanes
- lesaover 4 yearsso cool
- Haydenover 4 yearsThats pretty cool
- laxbro2023almost 5 yearsamazing
- simonlovelacealmost 5 yearsI want to be on that plane.
- Skype438over 5 yearsi like my train it runs over my house every day i feel happy about that.... wait a second....Every one get down CABOOM
- Chickenover 5 years😎 cool..
- asdfover 5 yearsI like trains
- helloalmost 6 yearsthats cool