Video Of The Week - New York Park Boasts Ice Volcano And Frozen Waterfalls
Listen to Article
February is usually not a busy time for New York's Letchworth State Park. However, this year the park has been inundated with visitors trying to get a glimpse of its new albeit temporary attractions - an ice volcano and two frozen waterfalls.
What makes them special is that neither will be here when spring arrives. The "volcano" is the result of water from the park's 50-foot tall pressure-fed fountain freezing in its tracks, due to the record low temperatures the area has experienced this year.
Similarly, the park's 107-foot middle falls, and the 70-foot upper falls normally sparkling blue waters now resemble beautifully carved snow sculptures. What makes the sight even more mesmerizing is the river that continues to make its way through a narrow channel over the upper falls.
Learn Keywords in this Article
- mabout 6 yearsi love it it even has a ice volcano and ice water falls!!!!
- mabout 6 yearscool
- goldenbones542about 6 yearswere`s all the ice
- najjionabout 6 yearsthis is the best articl
- ms10753over 6 yearsWOW double W0W triple WOW...............
- Titaniclover17over 6 yearsWHAT!!?!??!?!?? An ICE VOLCANO?!?!?!?! That's awesome!!! Normally volcanoes are exploding with lava!!
- snowqueen89over 6 yearsThat is amazing!
- artistisabelover 6 yearsWow Don't read this... I think it's awesome and it DOES look like a water fall so stop being a downer because this story is awesome!
- Movie star over 6 yearsI have only one word to say OMG
- Don't read thisalmost 7 yearsIt doesn't even look like volcano.