Video Of The Week - Moritz The Puzzle-Solving Pig
Listen to Article
When one thinks of pigs, smart is not the first word that comes to mind. However, after seeing Moritz complete puzzles with such ease, you may change your mind, not just about him but all the other porkers out there.
But while the Berlin resident's puzzle-solving prowess may surprise you, it does not stun researchers. Past studies have shown that pigs can be taught to manipulate video game cursors with their snouts and even distinguish between scribbles they have seen before and ones that are new. The only other animals known to be this observant are chimpanzees.
That is not all! In 2014, researchers in the Netherlands discovered that pigs could experience empathy - an emotion previously only known to be felt by humans! Puts a whole new perspective on porkers, doesn't it?
Learn Keywords in this Article
- difamehysypyabout 2 yearsso cool that an animal can learn how to do that.
- warriorcatskidabout 2 yearsMy Grandma has 2 pigs, Picasso and Penny! My family has lots of pets
- difamehysypyabout 2 yearssame
- weirdisgood2023over 2 yearsHow adorable!
- bonk boialmost 4 yearslol
- hialmost 4 yearsMy sister loves pigs!
- brawlstarschampalmost 4 yearsHA THAT IS SO CUTE AND FUNNY!
- g02021over 4 yearsWow cool
- MooCowOinkover 4 yearsPigs are my FAVORITE animal in the whole world!!!
- jazmineabout 5 yearspig lover its so cute
- Hammiltonabout 5 yearsI have a pet pig he can also do puzzles